Sponsored

Rear cargo rack that is easily removed??

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, '16 Challenger Hellcat
I'm looking for a rack like this that I don't have to disassemble every time I want to take off or put my hardtop back on. Is there ANY that exist??

I really like this one and the knobs are a cool idea to attach to the tub but I don't even know why they have those knobs. After you install it, you will have to unbolt the center piece to remove it...

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear cargo rack that is easily removed?? FB25113-i4_1296x
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Do you not want a rack with the top off? Or just want a rack that doesnā€™t interfere with taking the top on/off? There are plenty of options. Iā€™m running Vector Offroad Highland Platform. It bolts to the rear roll bars. Canā€™t recall names of others but if you search for rear cargo shelf youā€™ll find them.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You can buy some one-inch round or square tube (square is easier) from a scrap metal place. Have it cut to length (width of the tub) and use the hard top mounting bolt holes to mount it. Then use a basket mounted to the crossbars you made. I haven't found a good, inexpensive basket (I have found one, but it was too long), but the tube didn't cost me very much.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I'm looking for a rack like this that I don't have to disassemble every time I want to take off or put my hardtop back on. Is there ANY that exist??

I really like this one and the knobs are a cool idea to attach to the tub but I don't even know why they have those knobs. After you install it, you will have to unbolt the center piece to remove it...

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear cargo rack that is easily removed?? FB25113-i4_1296x
https://eztrunk.net/ ?

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Bestop makes one. Also just buy the one you want and swap nuts for wing nuts...

OP
OP
407Lou

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you not want a rack with the top off? Or just want a rack that doesnā€™t interfere with taking the top on/off? There are plenty of options. Iā€™m running Vector Offroad Highland Platform. It bolts to the rear roll bars. Canā€™t recall names of others but if you search for rear cargo shelf youā€™ll find them.
Yes, I want a rack with the roof off, primarily. I did search but haven't found one. Prob need to look harder.

OP
OP
407Lou

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bestop makes one. Also just buy the one you want and swap nuts for wing nuts...
I thought about that. Was wondering why they didn't put the open sections at the bottom where it mounts to the tub. But then you still might not be able to get it off in one piece.

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My buddie bought one similar to the one you want on Amzn for about 170 and it's actually very strong and well made. He had these 3/8s quick nuts from some cart he swapped the nylon nusmts with. He just unscrews and the platform pops right out.

We were looking for one like the AAL that hung but was hinged towards the seat to swing up....

I thought about that. Was wondering why they didn't put the open sections at the bottom where it mounts to the tub. But then you still might not be able to get it off in one piece.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah. I'd like to see the AAL or one like it hinged

Those are nice and all, but they don't really save any space; they just help you organize things better I suppose. But looks really nice.
Sponsored