19 Mojito JLUR

Nicarague Joe

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have the Quadratec cover. It's light and soft and quick to install, but feels kind of absorbent. I recently got the Rain Gear cover. It's heavier, but seems better suited to rain protection, and covers the door frames. I use it overnight every night.
20210415_081639.jpg
Thanks for posting a picture of this. Exactly what I was looking for although a few years later. Sweet Rig

Bobby Hank

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Wrangler Rubicon X 2D
Occupation
Educator
Florida weather is unpredictable in the summer, rain come come out of nowhere. My '13 soft-top JKR 4D spent a lot of time topless and doorless (as will my '24 this summer.
For the '13 I carried a home-made portable system that was VERY quick to put up, and could augment for over-nights at home. Held up to tropical depression 2" plus rains keep the Jeep dry.

Folded/rolled 20'x20' waterproof tarp from Ace Hardware. I tried many different ways to secure it for wind, ended up tucking the corners in the wheel wells until the tarp is tight.
If it was going to be there a while, like over-night, I had an 8' plastic irrigation pipe I'd lay over the top to tent the tarp. Worked great, gotta replace the tarps as they age and tear.

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Protect it from rain, hail, small meteors. I don't think you can drive with it in place, though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless 1710961333124-38

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I would like a rain cover that I could drive the Jeep back to the cabin when a downpour hits us on the trails. Not highway running....just creeping home and staying dry. Have yet to find anything.
um….thats called a soft top. You can get one from mopar or bestop. Lol jk

i have smittybilt extended shade top. 3 tops in one: open, mesh, closed. It works great! It does well for keeping the cab dry during unexpected rains. Obviously gets a little wet and not for STORMS. Doesnt do anything for the cargo area of course but this is great for a surprise rain that you have to drive through.

im going to leave this on my jeep and throw the soft top in storage. Doors too! Im going to grab one of these water proof covers. Not like it rains often here lol. Was going to try to squeeze it in the garage but if i dont have to that would be better. Off to go reaearch rain gear covers
Sponsored