• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

New Jersey Question on Nitto Tires

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB Sting Gray
Hi - It appears my alignment on the front is off, and both of my front two tires are worn flat (but uneven throughout - its a debacle).

I have the stock 33 KM2's for the 2018 MOAB. Rather than stick with these, I wanted to go a little bit larger for 35 in and switch to something all-terrain thats better in rain and snow.

I believe I'm settled on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50, so I need to buy 5 new and get them installed.

I have a few questions as tires/wheels are completely new to me and this is the first time I'm doing anything outside of stock dealership

1. Resolved: Nitto says they don't make OEM size RG's. I have the 255/75/17 KM2's. My understanding is I need an 18 inch wheel, however quadratech appears to have them in 17 inch wheels. Am I missing something? Will the 2nd link work on my stock wheels? Should I go to 18 anyway for a different reason?
18 inch rg - https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/nitto-ridge-grappler
17 inch rg - https://www.quadratec.com/p/nitto/r...BraB3N7TVs_lOZ4G0mdK2zI3cgj9rwHMaAvEFEALw_wcB

After speaking with Nitto, my wheels are 7.5 in (width) and I would need 8.5 in wheels to work with this tire. So regardless, I would need to buy new wheels

2. Do I need a lift at this size? I recall from perusing the forums when I initially got my jeep - that on the stock unlimited JL, you could go as large as 37in but risk some rubbing if you do offroad, but at 35 inches with my "off-roading" limited to beaches and crappy roads and some beginner trails, I should be okay. I was contemplating the smallest mopar lift as well, curious to hear opinions, would also give me a little extra room on oil changes in the driveway

Leaning towards the mopar lift from the dealer, but not necessarily at the same time since I need tires and wheels

3. Wheel spacers - do i need them? In my research, it appears to be more trouble than its worth (for me), the wider tire should give me closer to the look I want without the spacers, ideally without causing the increased maintenance that can be associated with the spacers.

4. I don't have a reinforced tailgate, any reason to believe I'll need one for the 35 inch RG?

5. Anything else I should be considering?

6. Once I finally figure this out - I would have 2 used KM2's and one full size spare that I can sell
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcamo0012

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updated the above with some new info in Bold

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
FYI this is the member marketplace section, think you wanna post in the main tire thread

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi - It appears my alignment on the front is off, and both of my front two tires are worn flat (but uneven throughout - its a debacle).

I have the stock 33 KM2's for the 2018 MOAB. Rather than stick with these, I wanted to go a little bit larger for 35 in and switch to something all-terrain thats better in rain and snow.

I believe I'm settled on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50, so I need to buy 5 new and get them installed.

I have a few questions as tires/wheels are completely new to me and this is the first time I'm doing anything outside of stock dealership

1. Resolved: Nitto says they don't make OEM size RG's. I have the 255/75/17 KM2's. My understanding is I need an 18 inch wheel, however quadratech appears to have them in 17 inch wheels. Am I missing something? Will the 2nd link work on my stock wheels? Should I go to 18 anyway for a different reason?
18 inch rg - https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/nitto-ridge-grappler
17 inch rg - https://www.quadratec.com/p/nitto/r...BraB3N7TVs_lOZ4G0mdK2zI3cgj9rwHMaAvEFEALw_wcB

After speaking with Nitto, my wheels are 7.5 in (width) and I would need 8.5 in wheels to work with this tire. So regardless, I would need to buy new wheels

2. Do I need a lift at this size? I recall from perusing the forums when I initially got my jeep - that on the stock unlimited JL, you could go as large as 37in but risk some rubbing if you do offroad, but at 35 inches with my "off-roading" limited to beaches and crappy roads and some beginner trails, I should be okay. I was contemplating the smallest mopar lift as well, curious to hear opinions, would also give me a little extra room on oil changes in the driveway

Leaning towards the mopar lift from the dealer, but not necessarily at the same time since I need tires and wheels

3. Wheel spacers - do i need them? In my research, it appears to be more trouble than its worth (for me), the wider tire should give me closer to the look I want without the spacers, ideally without causing the increased maintenance that can be associated with the spacers.

4. I don't have a reinforced tailgate, any reason to believe I'll need one for the 35 inch RG?

5. Anything else I should be considering?

6. Once I finally figure this out - I would have 2 used KM2's and one full size spare that I can sell
If your current tires say R17, that means you have 17" wheels, you can not mount R18 tires on 17" wheels.

Although out of spec, many people run 12.50s on the stock wheel. You can also consider a thinner tire.

I'm not sure I'm remembering right, but the Moab had the Rubicon fenders and suspension? That will help with the amount of lift needed and the amount of bump.

Mopar lifts for the JL come in one height, but will impact the height of the vehicle differently depending on trim. Unless I was worried about warranty impact, I personally would look elsewhere.

OP
OP
gcamo0012

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your current tires say R17, that means you have 17" wheels, you can not mount R18 tires on 17" wheels.

Although out of spec, many people run 12.50s on the stock wheel. You can also consider a thinner tire.

I'm not sure I'm remembering right, but the Moab had the Rubicon fenders and suspension? That will help with the amount of lift needed and the amount of bump.

Mopar lifts for the JL come in one height, but will impact the height of the vehicle differently depending on trim. Unless I was worried about warranty impact, I personally would look elsewhere.
Thanks - the issue for me now is understanding the tire dimensions to select the right wheel, I’m struggling because to get to the wheel selection i need to choose an option like 285/ 265/ 275/ etc, but the nitto rg’s only show me 35x12.50r18 and I don’t see matching dimensions for the wheel/tire packages on discount tire direct

on the lift that’s helpful advice, I’ll check out other options

I’m not sure about rubicon fenders/suspension, I’m almost certain Moabs are strictly visual enhancements, not performance (outside rails and steel bumper) i.e vented hood, body color fenders, 17in black wheels, etc but I’ll have to double check

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks - the issue for me now is understanding the tire dimensions to select the right wheel, I’m struggling because to get to the wheel selection i need to choose an option like 285/ 265/ 275/ etc, but the nitto rg’s only show me 35x12.50r18 and I don’t see matching dimensions for the wheel/tire packages on discount tire direct

on the lift that’s helpful advice, I’ll check out other options

I’m not sure about rubicon fenders/suspension, I’m almost certain Moabs are strictly visual enhancements, not performance (outside rails and steel bumper) i.e vented hood, body color fenders, 17in black wheels, etc but I’ll have to double check
The metric sized tires are in mm and the first number is section width. A 315 is around 12.5. The last number is still rim in inches. The second number is the math challenge. It’s sidewall as a percentage of width. Sidewallx2+rim=diameter

OP
OP
gcamo0012

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI this is the member marketplace section, think you wanna post in the main tire thread
HAHA good point, might delete and re post with some of the info yall provided
Sponsored