Sponsored

Question for Rhino Rack Owners

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How easy/PITA is it to remove your hardtop with the RR installed? I understand there is some interior/bolt security but if one wants to run/swap a soft top during summer months, is it easy to remove the entire hardtop with the RR still installed?
Sponsored

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue with the Pioneer Rack installed is the weight. Not as easy to R&R the hardtop. Just need extra hands as all. I have a JKU with Pioneer Platform. The JL version is being shown at SEMA in two weeks and should be nearly identical but is not released yet.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd classify it as PITA. With the ladder installed you're adding 10 more bolts that need to be undone, then you have 4 brackets that need to be lined up when putting it back on.
I'm running the long pioneer platform with maximus-3 brackets. If Rhino Rack releases their brackets for the JL, it might be a different story.

OP
OP
voodoo11

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd classify it as PITA. With the ladder installed you're adding 10 more bolts that need to be undone, then you have 4 brackets that need to be lined up when putting it back on.
I'm running the long pioneer platform with maximus-3 brackets. If Rhino Rack releases their brackets for the JL, it might be a different story.
got it. I guess i'm just not so familiar with the install. I'm coming from a GOBI on my JK and looking for a more modular option so I can remove my hardtop during the summertime.
Sponsored