Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Yes, those will work. I got mine on Amazon a bit cheaper. Just make sure to get m14, the jl has metric thread.

OP
OP
Joe_S

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, those will work. I got mine on Amazon a bit cheaper. Just make sure to get m14, the jl has metric thread.
Yeah, that's what I bought. The M14x1.5 set. They went on nicely, but my buddy is more of a tuner car guy and not jeeps. He just wanted to make sure those lugs would be okay. Told me to check the torque about once a month to make sure they're at 110. That sound right?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yeah, that's what I bought. The M14x1.5 set. They went on nicely, but my buddy is more of a tuner car guy and not jeeps. He just wanted to make sure those lugs would be okay. Told me to check the torque about once a month to make sure they're at 110. That sound right?
Double check but the first number that pops into mind is 130.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The ProComp "69" series wheel FOR THE JL, will use the STOCK LUGS PERFECTLY--

The only trouble would be if you used some JK wheels--on the JL !

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have aluminum rims. 130 seems way too high.
I’m not 100% sure but that’s exactly what I remember feeling when I saw 130 mentioned somewhere. Doublecheck that, definitely.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
Joe_S

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ProComp "69" series wheel FOR THE JL, will use the STOCK LUGS PERFECTLY--

The only trouble would be if you used some JK wheels--on the JL !

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO
Nope. The stock JL lugs absolutely do not fit. They're too wide. Tore up my rims quite a bit, which is why I went with the quadratec ones.

I had Goodyear put these rims on back in the spring. I had no idea they didn't fit until recently when I took them off to put winter wheels on. I'm actually going to file a claim with Goodyear because they never should've put them on and should've told me I needed different lugs. This was totally unsafe. I'm lucky nothing happened.

rim.jpg

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Nope. The stock JL lugs absolutely do not fit. They're too wide. Tore up my rims quite a bit, which is why I went with the quadratec ones.

I had Goodyear put these rims on back in the spring. I had no idea they didn't fit until recently when I took them off to put winter wheels on. I'm actually going to file a claim with Goodyear because they never should've put them on and should've told me I needed different lugs.

rim.jpg
Looks like they let the new guy put your wheels on. Sheesh. I’d be surprised if they make it right or didn’t blame you, sadly.

OP
OP
Joe_S

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they let the new guy put your wheels on. Sheesh. I’d be surprised if they make it right or didn’t blame you, sadly.
Right. I still can't comprehend how they thought this was ok. The stock lugs were barely holding on.

Yeah, I doubt I'll get any compensation for the rims, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Sponsored