Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth light bar review?

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2021 (TWO Door)
I'm happy with mine. Just know going in that some adjustments will ave to be made and some extra weather stripping to eliminate light blow by.
IMG_20210528_173004703.jpg
IMG_20210528_173016713.jpg
IMG_20210528_173031971.jpg
can you please send me a link to the weather striping [product that you used?
thanks
Sponsored

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
can you please send me a link to the weather striping [product that you used?
thanks
I used Dynaflex Ultra black silicon sealer by Dap. That worked well. Be sure to tape off areas you don't want the sealant on. Got at home Depot.

I attempted to use window screen rubber tubing but that did not work.

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used Dynaflex Ultra black silicon sealer by Dap. That worked well. Be sure to tape off areas you don't want the sealant on. Got at home Depot.

thank you so very much :)

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks again.

I used the "XFasten Silicone Sealant Waterproof Black Cartridge, 10.1 oz (Single Pack) Black Caulking Silicone Adhesive Sealant Cartridge for RV, General Use, Window, Door, Glass, Automotive Leak Sealing" available on AMAZON.COM and also was careful to use enough painters tape.

NO more light leakage
:)

XFasten Silicone Sealant Waterproof Black Cartridge, 10.1 oz (Single Pack) Black Caulking Silicone Adhesive Sealant Cartridge for RV, General Use, Window, Door, Glass, Automotive Leak Sealing: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Ketch

First Name
Ketch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
May I kindly ask your opinions on this light bar, the amber option, and how well it performs in rain/snow/fog/trail dust?

I am trying to find options to aid our vision during east coast storms. Currently, our white lights actually hinder our vision by refracting particles instead of lighting a path forward.

Thank you kindly and I hope everyone is staying safe during yet another COVID surge.

Sponsored

Rubi_x_JL19

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone installed this light on a tinted windshield? If so, has it damaged the tint?

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
@Ronbo Ranger or @Caliguy , any more thoughts on light leakage with your setups? I installed the mPower version a few weeks back and was getting a pretty good amount of leak. I tried to lay a bead of caulk to black it out, blocking off with tape just below the bottom of the lightbar gasket. When I went to peel the tape this am though, I ended up taking a good amount of the caulk off with it. Planning to try and re-caulk it, but did either of you install the provided tiny, thin strip of foam with backer to the windshield to match the line of the lightbar gasket? There's a bit of flex in the bar mounts itself, so I worry a little about the caulk's ability to adhere to the windshield glass very well.

Bkoester73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I used some weather striping on the bottom to solve the light leaking through the bottom. You can find it at Lowe’s, Home Depot and Amazon. Links are in the video comments below.

Here is how it looks at night and with the weather striping.

Last edited:

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
@Ronbo Ranger or @Caliguy , any more thoughts on light leakage with your setups? I installed the mPower version a few weeks back and was getting a pretty good amount of leak. I tried to lay a bead of caulk to black it out, blocking off with tape just below the bottom of the lightbar gasket. When I went to peel the tape this am though, I ended up taking a good amount of the caulk off with it. Planning to try and re-caulk it, but did either of you install the provided tiny, thin strip of foam with backer to the windshield to match the line of the lightbar gasket? There's a bit of flex in the bar mounts itself, so I worry a little about the caulk's ability to adhere to the windshield glass very well.
It's been a couple of years since I installed the light bar. I love it and use it routinely. I simply used silicon to seal around the bar unit. I have no leakage of light while I'm in use. And yeah,some silicone will want to peel away during the sealing process. I don't recommend it, but I did use a razor like a puddy knife to move and remove silicone while it was still wet that's how I got away from peeling while removing the tape later on after drying. I still used tape but not right up to the abutment of the light casing . And Yes there was a seal provided with the kit ,but it was not sufficient to block out light bleed.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Thanks @Bkoester73 and @Ronbo Ranger , I got it squared away. I bought the weatherstripping but had already laid in a bead that had firmed up pretty well, so I taped it off again and dropped more in, making sure to pull the tape while it was still fresh. Did this a few more times and I think I should have a good deal from here on out!

IMG20230704163557.jpg

IMG20230704163604.jpg

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase