Sponsored

Put vehicle in park

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Hey Guys,

Have a 2020 Willys JLUR, 3.6 auto. 5300 miles. Today I backed out of the driveway put it in drive and the Jeep died in the middle of the street. The dash showed "Put the vehicle in park". I quickly realized I hadn't put my seat belt on. Did the seatbelt cause this or was it something else?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@20-Willys

Regarding auto park which you just experienced.. when your driver's door was not completely closed and your driver's seat belt not fastened....

There is no way to disable auto park!

Do read and learn about "auto park".

Do know that if you have driver's side seat buckle fastened (fasten it up behind you if you want) auto park is not going to engage.

Just keeping light, constant foot pressure on the brake pedal will keep auto park from engaging..

You can also use a $1.95 seat belt clip in the driver's seat belt buckle to deal with auto park..

Click to enlarge:
Jeep Wrangler JL Put vehicle in park autopark-info-

Jeep Wrangler JL Put vehicle in park sb-cli

OP
OP
20-Willys

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
@20-Willys

Regarding auto park which you just experienced.. when your driver's door was not completely closed and your driver's seat belt not fastened....

There is no way to disable auto park!

Do read and learn about "auto park".

Do know that if you have driver's side seat buckle fastened (fasten it up behind you if you want) auto park is not going to engage.

Just keeping light, constant foot pressure on the brake pedal will keep auto park from engaging..

You can also use a $1.95 seat belt clip in the driver's seat belt buckle to deal with auto park..

Click to enlarge:

OP
OP
20-Willys

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Thanks Guys! I didn't see anything about a door ajar but it sounds like that was it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
20-Willys

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
If it was auto park, the Jeep didn’t die. It shifted to park.
The vehicle stalled but was still rolling enough for me to fight the no power steering to get out of the middle of the road. I then stopped saw the message on the display about putting it in park. I put it in park, it started right up and I was able to drive off. I was thinking to myself that it dying in the middle of the road was kind of harsh for not buckling the seatbelt. I did not have a door open indicator or have to do anything special to restart it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The vehicle stalled but was still rolling enough for me to fight the no power steering to get out of the middle of the road. I then stopped saw the message on the display about putting it in park. I put it in park, it started right up and I was able to drive off. I was thinking to myself that it dying in the middle of the road was kind of harsh for not buckling the seatbelt. I did not have a door open indicator or have to do anything special to restart it.
this is not auto park. You have a problem.

alternatively, you pressed the off button.
Sponsored