onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2010 Genesis Coupe RSPEC, K7 GSXR, B2 Bandit
*updates further down page*

After patiently waiting for more cost-friendly fenders, I came across some ebay/amazon tube fenders for the JLU.

Before this, I was 2 seconds away from buying Westin's tube fenders (with LED turning signal- even though the turning light looked like an afterthought on the fender)

I really liked their tube fender design (pretty similar to other standard JK tube fenders) so when I came across these Ebay ones for a fraction of the cost ( no led turn lamp though ) it was an obvious choice for me. I plan to leave them textured to match my bumpers and hardtop.

Install is pretty easy, but I need that but insert tool, so I'll post the finished product in a few days after its done.

1auc2iS.jpg

bFBsoex.jpg

the driver side fender came a little damaged, so i contacted the seller to see if we can either compensate me to fix it or exchange for a new one. I paid 220 shipped, So maybe a little black texture spray does the job. i don't want to make this a big ordeal. Aside the scuff on the driver side fender, the quality seems great. In fact, the powdercoated ebay stuff has held up better than my evo rack, which started to rust after a few months ( working with evo to fix it, they seem like they'll help me)

OXhBDGq.jpg

as for the turn signals, I have a few inexpensive options. I'll post those later for those interested. Im thinking LEDs in the grill, led strip tucked in fender, or even a newer G wagon turn lamp tucked nicely somewhere.

more pics to come. BTW I have 2" spacer and 35's (on 18's)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Can we see a few more photo's after install? Side view please? Thank you.

OP
OP
onesight1

onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
will update later today ( just got the nut insert tool in mail )

OP
OP
onesight1

onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my apologies for bad angle and night photo. im waiting on my inner fenders before I take good pics.

wuCnmRn.jpg

Im painting the muffler black tomorrow- it sticks out like a sore thumb

OP
OP
onesight1

onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a0fRaem.jpg

swrjm4t.jpg

3AvSOa7.jpg

I got some budget fender liners.... the seem to mount exactly like the one Artec uses. Quality of them seems great. May or may not rivet some aluminum design/logo over the flag... as of now, for 100$- its clean.

Now i need to figure out how to Connect some LED turn signals to the OEM wireplug....As of right now, I know F*ck all with what wires go where. Going to search the forum ( anyone feel free to provide insight, please)

2Atzlsh.jpg
Sponsored