Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
is this a get what you pay for or legit? just wondering bc it looks exactly the same.

Ebay - Rubi Bumper
As few forum members have purchased a similar front bumper and were relatively happy with it. Not sure about this particular rear bumper.

OP
OP

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
As few forum members have purchased a similar front bumper and were relatively happy with it. Not sure about this particular rear bumper.

i went ahead and ordered. will report back. i have the old one (damaged) in my garage so i can do a direct comparison once it comes in.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
i went ahead and ordered. will report back. i have the old one (damaged) in my garage so i can do a direct comparison once it comes in.
Curious...mixed reviews but more positive then negative.

OP
OP

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
Curious...mixed reviews but more positive then negative.
Hey all,

just wanted to update you regarding the bumper. rec'd it yesterday and the box came in good condition. arrived 3 days after ordering. when I opened it...it was wrapped well, with black cloth, then white soft wrap, etc. it did have one small gauge and some scuff marks but nothing a little paint didn't fix (there's an OEM paint that's awesome for the bumpers).

anyway...was honestly surprised that it had any damage based on the way it arrived and was packaged.

now to the bumper. its pretty much 95% identical to the factory. it comes with all the brackets, extensions, etc. the other 5% is where you may or may not want to buy it. the steel seems to be the same gauge, but the bolts used are a little different. you wouldn't notice unless you had the other bumper right next to it. the other thing that surprised me is that it came with the license plate light already installed and the 2 rear reflectors are actually light up reflectors as they each have wires coming out of them (the OEM are just reflectors). also, it comes pre drilled for the parking sensors and the plastic pieces are included for mounting (not so great, but they work).

my biggest problem was getting the wing extensions on (plastic extenders that meet up to the fenders). they don't fit as cleanly as they do on the OEM. this is more because i think the bumper was slightly bent on the curves (nothing you'd notice unless you were installing these things). a couple of hits with a good hammer from the inside and i got it to work.

still haven't mounted it as I'm waiting for some minor body work to be done next week, but I'm hoping it'll go on fairly easy and everything will line up, but wouldn't be surprised if it'll take a little work.

bottom line, for 275 i would buy it again. if i paid 800 for an oem i'd return it. it looks just like the original, is well built and worth it imo. if you're not super particular about things, then its a steal.

only thing left for me to figure out is how to wire up those reflectors. some say license plate light others say tail light.

Sponsored

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Looking forward to hearing and seeing your installation. The addition of holes for parking sensors seems like a good thing. I have an 18 JLSU with sensors. Good luck with the install.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Any pics of the bumper and install?
yes, picture please, and what year is your rubicon OP? The ebay seller of this says it won’t fit on a 2021 (he verified via e-mail), and I can’t figure out why it will fit an ‘18, ‘19, and ‘20… but not a ‘21!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Any update here? Looking to upgrade my bumpers in August and have been looking at the similar front one, but want to have the matching rear. This would save $$$$ if they both work decently.
Sponsored