• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Florida *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I recently swapped from a hard top to a myTop convertible and I'm selling the custom security enclosure that I built, since it no longer fits.
  • Full trunk enclosure -- not just a top cover.
  • Made of 1/4 inch plywood coated in truck bedliner finish.
  • Uses the existing torx bolts for your hardtop. Metal washers prevent damage to the plates when installing/tightening bolts.
  • Foam padding prevents scratching/damage to your JL from the bedliner finish.
  • The front plate is detachable - easily remove using four hand knobs inside.
I was routinely stopped and asked where I got this from by other Jeep owners. The owner of Arc Offroad even asked if he could poke around it when I bumped into him on vacation with his family!

*Price Drop!* Asking $225 obo. Local pickup in the Ocala, FL area or I'd consider meeting up somewhere in the Gainesville / Orlando / Daytona / Central Florida area if you pay in advance.

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure PXL_20210507_154348337.MP

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure PXL_20210507_154353317

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure PXL_20210406_200513768

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure PXL_20210406_200419956
Sponsored

Last edited:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing this won't work with the hard top installed?

OP
OP
GatorMBA

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I'm guessing this won't work with the hard top installed?
Nah, this is for putting on the Jeep when the hard top comes off and keeping sticky fingers away from your stuff when you're going to the beach, down a trail, etc.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
If you draw up prints for this, you might be able to make some money.

OP
OP
GatorMBA

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
If you draw up prints for this, you might be able to make some money.
Thanks. :) People keep telling me that and I definitely appreciate the compliment, but working with acetone before applying the bedliner finish made me kind of uncomfortable. And bedliner paint is stupid expensive. I just don't have the appetite to work out the logistics/economics of mass-producing them and running a retail business. It was just a fun project for my personal ride.

I would be happy to share blueprints and diagrams if you're thinking of making one. But with the price of plywood and bedliner paint these days + converting your time spent on building into money, it's probably pretty better to just buy it from me. :)

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. :) People keep telling me that and I definitely appreciate the compliment, but working with acetone before applying the bedliner finish made me kind of uncomfortable. And bedliner paint is stupid expensive. I just don't have the appetite to work out the logistics/economics of mass-producing them and running a retail business. It was just a fun project for my personal ride.

I would be happy to share blueprints and diagrams if you're thinking of making one. But with the price of plywood and bedliner paint these days + converting your time spent on building into money, it's probably pretty better to just buy it from me. :)
I'd be interested in the blueprints. :) I'd like to play around with making a set for myself.

OP
OP
GatorMBA

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I'd be interested in the blueprints. :) I'd like to play around with making a set for myself.
Also, sorry -- I haven't forgotten you. I went back and checked my notebook and it turns out I didn't really make formal blueprints for this. But here's a step-by-step and some photos.
  • I took general measurements of the dimensions of the primary cuts I'd need to make in the plywood.
  • I made cardboard "molds" of those dimensions and then trial-and-error snipped the hell out of them in the JL.
  • I traced my cardboard molds onto my three pieces of plywood.
  • I covered all potential points of contact around the trunk and roll bars with painter's tape to avoid scratches.
  • I carefully trimmed bit by bit on all three pieces with a table saw and jigsaw until it just right. the back lip intentionally goes *over* the end of the trunk.
  • I tested and drilled holes for the torx bolts to line them up with the JL's holes.
  • I sanded all three pieces and treated with acetone.
  • I double-checked fitment.
  • Glued on oversize washers.
  • I rolled on bedliner paint.
  • I took a piece of PVC insluation (basically a black pool noodle) and lined the bottom of the front piece so it wouldn't scratch the interior around the wheel wells.
  • To protect the JL's paint, I bastardized a black 5mm yoga mat and staple-gunned pieces to the inside of the groove that would go around the roll bar as well as the underside, where it would rest on the edges of the trunk area.
Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure Screenshot 2022-01-21 001219
Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure Screenshot 2022-01-21 001126

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure Screenshot 2022-01-21 001108

Jeep Wrangler JL *Price Drop* Custom JL Trunk Security Enclosure Screenshot 2022-01-21 001155
Sponsored

Last edited: