Premium or Standard Soft Top

Boerne Jess

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU wrangler
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Looking for a video was next on the list. That’s great. Now I just have to get the top.

Hi @Boerne Jess Jess.

I purchased my soft top as part of the Dual top package. It came in a box that took up the entire back of my 4 door Sahara, back seats down. Other Dual top purchasers might be nodding right now.

I don't know if you are aware of the fact that this is simply how the soft top, which by the way is the Premium one when you go "Dual Top," is delivered in Dual Top purchases. And I point this out to respectfully and kindly make the assertion that the "boat I was in" is utterly no different, from an installation stand point, than the one you'll be in when your Premium top is ordered and you get it home--be it from the local dealer (hint, don't bring more than a single passenger for the front seat and make sure you can fold the back seats and the rig is utterly empty of anything behind the front seats) or by mail.

This said, many of us consider this video the defacto standard and an indispensable tool for guiding people through the soft top's installation.

Peace.

Sponsored

Boerne Jess

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU wrangler
Hi @Boerne Jess Jess.

I purchased my soft top as part of the Dual top package. It came in a box that took up the entire back of my 4 door Sahara, back seats down. Other Dual top purchasers might be nodding right now.

I don't know if you are aware of the fact that this is simply how the soft top, which by the way is the Premium one when you go "Dual Top," is delivered in Dual Top purchases. And I point this out to respectfully and kindly make the assertion that the "boat I was in" is utterly no different, from an installation stand point, than the one you'll be in when your Premium top is ordered and you get it home--be it from the local dealer (hint, don't bring more than a single passenger for the front seat and make sure you can fold the back seats and the rig is utterly empty of anything behind the front seats) or by mail.

This said, many of us consider this video the defacto standard and an indispensable tool for guiding people through the soft top's installation.

Peace.

I watched that video and it is very helpful, thanks. It did raise a question that you may be able to confirm the answer to. Once you’ve installed the hardware for the soft top, it appears that you would have to remove the hardware next to the doors to be able to put the hard top back on. Is that the case? Also, having lived with both, do you see yourself putting the hard top back on at all?

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I would definitely go the extra money and get the premium top.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I watched that video and it is very helpful, thanks. It did raise a question that you may be able to confirm the answer to. Once you’ve installed the hardware for the soft top, it appears that you would have to remove the hardware next to the doors to be able to put the hard top back on. Is that the case? Also, having lived with both, do you see yourself putting the hard top back on at all?
Hey @Boerne Jess Jesse:

Interestingly enough, this very video is also useful in answering your question, whose answer is: "only the brackets attached to the Sports Bar, queued up below at 6:07 into the video, are permitted to remain."

Permitted to remain: you're welcome to remove them when switching back to the hard top, but you need not do so.:)

Sponsored

Last edited: