Sponsored

Ordering....what to ask for.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Going to order sometime this week. Should I be asking for under invoice? or is that only certain dealers that do that?

I've never negotiated before I have alwaysu bought from a cousin in past.
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I thought order banks were closed Kay Wednesday for the ā€˜18 JLs. Maybe it was extended..?

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
A lot of members have gotten up to 7 percent off invoice, so Iā€™d start with that. I donā€™t know where you are, but the highly recommended dealer is Koons Iā€™m Virginia...Craig is the contact

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
well im going for a Moab...so that wouldn't be closed.
Yes 3.5-5% under invoice is the goal. Basically the best deal you can get is invoice price minus holdback. You will have to find a dealer that isnā€™t commission based as that means no commission for salesman. Will likely have to go to a big dealer to get I but totally doable.

Sponsored

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
A lot of members have gotten up to 7 percent off invoice, so Iā€™d start with that. I donā€™t know where you are, but the highly recommended dealer is Koons Iā€™m Virginia...Craig is the contact
7%? That has to have some significant documentation fees added to it to get back to invoice minus holdback. Thatā€™s assuming there is incentive money from FCA (which there isnā€™t) and that you have like tread lightly/friends family/military. 7% is a dream if you donā€™t have some manufacturer money coming back to them in my opinion. You go in asking for 7% 99.9% dealers laugh you out the door.

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I got 6% under invoice with tread lightly l. Did everything via email. $300 processing fee from dealer- Koons dealer fee is at $800 I believe. In MD. Message me and I'll give you my contact if interested.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
7%? That has to have some significant documentation fees added to it to get back to invoice minus holdback. Thatā€™s assuming there is incentive money from FCA (which there isnā€™t) and that you have like tread lightly/friends family/military. 7% is a dream if you donā€™t have some manufacturer money coming back to them in my opinion. You go in asking for 7% 99.9% dealers laugh you out the door.
Thatā€™s absolutely true.

Anyone getting @ 7% under invoice on a brand new JL would be dealing with a store that has a substantial doc fee (Maybe a $50,000+ JL with higher margin could reach @ 8%).

I read about a dealer on here in Idaho that holds a couple of points on financing in the business office to offset the deep discount of MSRP that they show you at the salesmanā€™s desk. So a cash buyer ainā€™t getting the deep discount the salesman showed.

I received 7.5% under on my Sport BUT with a $699 doc fee, which is sort of silly when you think about it since once my check cleared they mailed me the certificate of origin and I did my own tax and title work at the DMV since I had a tax credit from a car I had sold private party. They didnā€™t know the details on the law in my state so they asked me to take care of it myself. And I did.

But, obviously, it was the out the door price that mattered to me. Thatā€™s what matters. The bottom line.

Last edited:

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Thatā€™s the same way I feel. A great deal is out the door, 5% under invoice. Anything more than 5% is a sick deal that should stop your shopping. Koons and Ferrish in NoVA can get out the door at 5% under invoice, even after paying their $699 doc fees.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I have a dealer in Florida willing to meet the 5% under invoice, which is great but Florida doesn't have dealer fee caps...so the fee I believe is $899. So am I really getting 5% under, not really...is it worth going to Virginia to save the extra 1%, no way. The deals I've heard 6-7% under invoice has been dealers in another state and inventory they want moved to get ready for the '19 orders. But everything changes, let's see when Sep. 13th comes along and we can order the 2019's...if I can still get the quoted 5% under (even with the ridiculous dealer fee)...I will buy. Funny back in 2007 when the jk came out I bought my loaded Rubicon under 30k out the door. One model change and some gadgets and we should feel lucky to get one for $50k out the door.

ah well
Sponsored