Sponsored

So I'm being told that I can't ask for a case number until 45 days after ordering?

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
So, I thought things were ticking along and I'd have my Jeep but alas the Jeep god's have not been so kind. Ordered 7/19, D1 status 8/6, Built pending Inspection ( I status) 8/9. And been sitting there ever since. Tried to have Jeep open a case for it today but was told that while they will open a case if it's been sitting in I status for more then 14 days, it also has to be more then 45 days since the order was placed.

Anyone know anything about this? I thought it was sitting in I status due to the LED lights but I've now seen several people who got their orders with the LED lights after I ordered mine. Frankly, I'm getting concerned that there is something wrong with my Jeep and if I should even take delivery of it.

Thoughts?

Have you all heard of this 45 day rule?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
So, I thought things were ticking along and I'd have my Jeep but alas the Jeep god's have not been so kind. Ordered 7/19, D1 status 8/6, Built pending Inspection ( I status) 8/9. And been sitting there ever since. Tried to have Jeep open a case for it today but was told that while they will open a case if it's been sitting in I status for more then 14 days, it also has to be more then 45 days since the order was placed.

Anyone know anything about this? I thought it was sitting in I status due to the LED lights but I've now seen several people who got their orders with the LED lights after I ordered mine. Frankly, I'm getting concerned that there is something wrong with my Jeep and if I should even take delivery of it.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
I was told the same but then I forced them after thirty some days to look into it after numerous calls then they ended up cloning it.

Once stuck in I for over a week that is not a good sign...Inwas in it for 33 days...order to I were a few days.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Seeing the updates on the JeepGarage.org tracking thread, assuming everything is current/accurate, I've seen my status be well ahead of some July orders.

From what I've learned, your dealer will have less-accurate status updates than our forum sources. I ordered on 8/21, with LED/steel bumpers, etc. etc., and it's ready for shipping. WTF?

OP
OP
RavenJeep

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing the updates on the JeepGarage.org tracking thread, assuming everything is current/accurate, I've seen my status be well ahead of some July orders.

From what I've learned, your dealer will have less-accurate status updates than our forum sources. I ordered on 8/21, with LED/steel bumpers, etc. etc., and it's ready for shipping. WTF?
SO was yours an auto or manual? What I'm currently being told is that they don't have the manual transmission but really then how the hell is it built and ready for inspection?

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
SO was yours an auto or manual? What I'm currently being told is that they don't have the manual transmission but really then how the hell is it built and ready for inspection?
Auto for me. I was originally told the LED group would be a delay (also the steel bumper group, given research on this forum), but it *currently* appears to be doing well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavenJeep

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep, seems that it is the manual transmission holding it up...maybe. But I still don't get how it can be "built" and in inspection status wiht no damn transmission...

PizzaFreak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door JL
Same here, mine has been at the body vendor for five weeks now! They won’t escalate until 45 days which is only a couple of days away. I would love to know what is holding it up.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
If that is the case they can upgrade me to an auto for free, I will take one for the team!
Sponsored