Order now or wait for '22?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Honestly, not really looking at resale, it was just a logical thought to me, if I'm a month away from a '22 which sounds newer '22 or '21? I've basically been in the JKU since they were first released (bought in October 2006).

So........no thoughts of resale in 2 years, just thinking out loud. I think the possible bump in cost will offset any future resale.
It is not a month away, ordering is a month away. Production starts in December, you are looking at January if you're lucky.

One positive thing about a buying 2021 vs 2022, the lower average mileage does often help resale value. i.e. 3 year car with 36k miles vs 4 year year old car with 36k miles. One will be consider average miles, the other low miles. 2022 maybe still worth more bu tthe lower average miles does offset the difference little. If you drive really low miles like 2-3K, it isn't going to make a difference.
Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Wondering if 22’s will
Come out before all the 21’s are fulfilled. We ordered 7/14. Expected delivery is November . Anyone have thoughts of 22’s will hit dealerships while we are waiting for 21’s.
21s should be built until 12/4 and then 22s start on 12/6. Order banks for 22s open 10/5. At some point they will stop taking 21 orders when they have enough to make it until 12/4 and likely convert any remaining ones to 22. Now if they don't get enough 21 orders to make it to 12/4 then I'm not sure what they'd do but by all accounts they don't seem worried that'll be a problem.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
I say wait until they offer the Xtreme Recon package for the manual. Then add that onto your order. :).

I only say that because I am considering a 6 spd JLUR with only a hardtop, coldweather package (I love that heated steering wheel, that's a must have.) and XR package.

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I say wait until they offer the Xtreme Recon package for the manual. Then add that onto your order. :).

I only say that because I am considering a 6 spd JLUR with only a hardtop, coldweather package (I love that heated steering wheel, that's a must have.) and XR package.
This was a bit of a thought to, especially if it was on a lower package,.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
I ordered my 392 at $79,915 the window sticker now shows $80,115, thank goodness I am not paying 79-80k. Alot of dealers are starting to reduce there % below invoice from what I can.
Central Fla. or elsewhere? Dealers in the Orlando area telling me they are adding market price adjustment.

Sponsored

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
Unless you need the Jeep, you are less than 1 month before 22 ordering opens. I would wait…in fact, I am waiting. Makes no sense to me not to wait 4 additional weeks for 1 model year newer. Yes, the price will be higher…bla bla, they raise prices continually. Aside from a year newer vehicle, waiting 4 weeks could open up some new colors or other options that may be desirable. Who knows? Now if the wait were 3 months before the orders open, I would say go ahead…but 1 month? I say wait…

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I ordered my 392 at $79,915 the window sticker now shows $80,115, thank goodness I am not paying 79-80k. Alot of dealers are starting to reduce there % below invoice from what I can.
All the free stimulus money is gone and not coming back. Reality will set in for all industries which got a massive windfall.
Sponsored