One ton TREs

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
Has anyone checked to see if standard offset chevy TREs fit in the knuckles of the JL?
I ran an aluminum tie rod on the JK with these and they worked great and held up well.

They are also common an inexpensive
Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The TRE tapers are unique for the new aluminum knuckles on the JL. The aluminum knuckles have more material as well, so the TRE studs are longer.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The TRE tapers are unique for the new aluminum knuckles on the JL. The aluminum knuckles have more material as well, so the TRE studs are longer.
Chris, i was looking at the synergy site and had a question about your TRE

I am assuming that the thread is 7/8-18 UNF?

Also looking at the part numbers are they both left hand threaded or is one right hand thread? Curious how you are adjusting the tie rod on vehicle if both are left hand thread. Thanks

4163-L HD Tie Rod End, Left Hand Thread for JL Drag Link and Tie Rod
4164-L HD Tie Rod End, Left Hand Thread for JL Tie Rod (Single Plane)

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For the JL, we are using 1-14" thread, so larger than what was used on the JK platform. All of the TRE's we use in our JK and JL steering are left hand thread. For the JL, we have eliminated jam nuts completely. Instead, there are pinch bolts on both sides to clamp the TRE's. On one side we use our double adjuster assembly which lets you adjust the length of the bar while it is installed on the vehicle. For the drag link, the double adjuster is on the pitman arm side and for the tie rod it is on the passenger side. There are some better images here.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-heavy-duty-tie-rod.html
Sponsored