• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas Ok..Is this normal??

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I noticed a scuff on my front driver's bumper making me think someone has probably backed into me.....so I starting looking around pretty thoroughly inside the bumper, frame, and under the Jeep and didn't notice anything bent or out or whack on the bumper, front lights (including light bars, and fog lights), and inside (thank the Lord), but did notice some narrow gapping between my front springs and what I (in my novice knowledge) think is the attachment point of my sway bar. The gapping is much narrower on the drivers side which is the side that the bumper has scuffs. I even measure the opening gap between my bumper and grill and it was even all the way across.
I have the Mopar lift (2" with Fox Shocks) and have 35" tires...so for others out there with similar or same, can you check your set up in comparison with my pics and please let me know if what I have is "normal". I am hoping it has been this way since the lift was put on (at delivery of vehicle), but I drove around today doing a lot of turning and up and down incline and never heard any sounds of one piece contacting the other. At one point I put each front tire up on a rock to check with flexing of the frame if it would contact each other and it didn't. I've posted pics of just Driver wheel b/c it seems with the driver wheel up it narrowed the gap more than with passenger wheel up on the rock. I guess I'm also looking for a little reassurance that if the connection were pushed back towards the spring, the two components will still never contact with frame and wheel articulation both with and without sway bar disconnect. In other words I'm hoping that the way things sit it is normal, but more importantly, if not, there will not be a situation that this will affect drivability on and off road of my Jeep. I even stood on my step bar bounced my Jeep up and down and didn't look like the gap narrowed by much.. I feel like I am being overly anal about this but since my Jeep is my Baby, I want to make sure it's in tip top shape. Thank in advance for reading and helping with advice and info.

Front Bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Front Bumper

Driver's side (parked on flat ground)
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Driver's side

Passenger Side (parked on flat ground)
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Passenger Side

Up on a rock
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Flex front
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Flex Side

Gapping on Drivers side with wheel up
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Driver's side up on rock
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I even drove to the dealer and looked on the lot for comparison... the best I could find was a JL with a 4 inch lift and 38" tires. The gap between the spring was more than I see on mine and the sway bar even tilted more upward from front to back, where as mine seems pretty level (in my last pic above). This is prob due to the 4" vs 2" lift, I'm guessing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ok..Is this normal?? Other Jeep

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
And I realize I've posted this thread in the wrong area......Maybe someone with more skill can move it to the right place :swear:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I notice that your driver spring is bowed forward and your passenger spring is bowed backward. It’s possible your spring seats aren’t positioned correctly. Mopar lifts are known for bowing out from what I remember.

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I notice that your driver spring is bowed forward and your passenger spring is bowed backward. It’s possible your spring seats aren’t positioned correctly. Mopar lifts are known for bowing out from what I remember.
Didn't notice that till you pointed that out....that will obviously affect the relative positioning of each part. Thank you. Will the bowing of the springs affect the functionality of them.

BTW, I reposted this post in the general discussion as I didn't realize until after posting here (in market place) the option to mark as sold....:headbang:

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Steve,

I have a lifted (Standard Mopar 2.5") 2019 Sport running on 35's as well. However, I swapped out my Sway-Bar links with the Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit. My Sway-Bar now rides up at a more positive (upward) angle as compared to stock when connected. The 'gap' in your pictures seems normal. The sway bar is doing it's job. It's keeping both sides of your suspension as flat as possible.

Your suspension will flex to it's full potential only if you disconnect your Sway-Bar links. However, you should only do this off-road and specifically at low speeds. Otherwise you'll defeat their on-road design intentions; to keep your Jeep from swaying (rolling) during higher speed cornerings.

It really doesn't matter the angle of the Sway-Bar bracket or rather the appearent 'gap'. As long as they are connected on both sides for on-road use, they'll keep your suspension linked as intended.

Again, if you want to measure flex with full articulation, you'll need to disconnect them. Your Jeep body will then remain more level (horizontally) when climbing that same rock.

If you were to find a hole on one side with the rock on the other you would discover that the other wheel would be off-the-ground with the Sway-Bar links connected and both wheels would remain on-the-ground with them disconnected. Only then would you really see what kind of 'gapping' is possible.

Other than the observation of the different bowing between sides, I believe your Sway-Bar Link pics are typical and nothing to worry about. They look like they're behaving exactly as designed.

Jay

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i saw on another thread, the springs are side-specific, there is a L front R front and a L rear R rear. all four are different. the other guy , the dealer installed the front springs on the wrong sides and it made the springs bow (or curve) and they actually were rubbing. he had to take it back so they could fix it

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Also might need the spring correction pads from Rock Krawler or Daystar.

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Steve,

I have a lifted (Standard Mopar 2.5") 2019 Sport running on 35's as well. However, I swapped out my Sway-Bar links with the Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit. My Sway-Bar now rides up at a more positive (upward) angle as compared to stock when connected. The 'gap' in your pictures seems normal. The sway bar is doing it's job. It's keeping both sides of your suspension as flat as possible.

Your suspension will flex to it's full potential only if you disconnect your Sway-Bar links. However, you should only do this off-road and specifically at low speeds. Otherwise you'll defeat their on-road design intentions; to keep your Jeep from swaying (rolling) during higher speed cornerings.

It really doesn't matter the angle of the Sway-Bar bracket or rather the appearent 'gap'. As long as they are connected on both sides for on-road use, they'll keep your suspension linked as intended.

Again, if you want to measure flex with full articulation, you'll need to disconnect them. Your Jeep body will then remain more level (horizontally) when climbing that same rock.

If you were to find a hole on one side with the rock on the other you would discover that the other wheel would be off-the-ground with the Sway-Bar links connected and both wheels would remain on-the-ground with them disconnected. Only then would you really see what kind of 'gapping' is possible.

Other than the observation of the different bowing between sides, I believe your Sway-Bar Link pics are typical and nothing to worry about. They look like they're behaving exactly as designed.

Jay
Jay thank you for the reply. That makes me feel more at ease. I accidentally posted this here in the marketplace forum and have therefore also posted in the General discussion forum. So thankfully I’m able to get tons of advice and explanation which has been extremely helpful. One person commented that my swaybar links looked to be too short, maybe OEM, and that my springs may be unseated or out of position. Also a question of is my lift > 2” causing my axle to be shifted.
I guess all these factors could be contributors...guess there goes hoping “it’s normal....nothing to worry about”. Either way it’s worth getting a local place (dealer or otherwise) to look at to help me resolve. Thanks again
Sponsored