Sponsored

Odd squeaking question with RC 2.5lift

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the RC 2.5 lift recently and I have a squeak that is driving me insane. The squeaking comes from the back left (drivers side) rear area. I have tried to add grease to everything I can and even took the wheel off and retorqued everything I could. This is probably difficult to diagnose over a post but I am loa8ng my mind. It squeaks any time the Jeep hits a bump at slow speed. It’s not the tire carrier or anything like that from what I can tell. Any common points that like to squeak? Thanks
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the RC 2.5 lift recently and I have a squeak that is driving me insane. The squeaking comes from the back left (drivers side) rear area. I have tried to add grease to everything I can and even took the wheel off and retorqued everything I could. This is probably difficult to diagnose over a post but I am loa8ng my mind. It squeaks any time the Jeep hits a bump at slow speed. It’s not the tire carrier or anything like that from what I can tell. Any common points that like to squeak? Thanks
I would disconnect the rear sway bar links and drive around the block.

OP
OP
ksmit88

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would disconnect the rear sway bar links and drive around the block.

Thanks for reply. Any idea of these rear links are incorrectly installed? I thought they were correct but now I'm wondering. Thanks

E6259A0F-9E88-4260-960E-482CA51ECC68.jpeg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for reply. Any idea of these rear links are incorrectly installed? I thought they were correct but now I'm wondering. Thanks

E6259A0F-9E88-4260-960E-482CA51ECC68.jpeg
Looks ok, is there a sleeve in the upper one? The bushing looks to be squeezed pretty good(Maybe over tightened and crushed the sleeve?)
Hard to tell on the lower, but you have a large washer on the outside where the nut is? Same on the upper but on the bolt head side?

OP
OP
ksmit88

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Let me take a better picture. There is a bushing in each upper and lower just hard to picture. I'm wondering if I need to flip the link upside down or if that wouldn't make a difference. Standby I'll upload a pic in a sec
Sponsored