Slight rear end sag with RC 2.5 spacer lift question

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Installed my RC 2.5" Spacer lift on my 2 door JL with the 2.0T Etorque. I believe I have a little rear sag when under load. Hard for me to tell since I'm not watching my jeep drive. My question is do you think that it could sag under load since I never loosened and tightened the rear control arms? I did all the front control arms and both trac bars but not the rear control arms. It doesn't say anything about loosening the rear arms in the instructions and I just ran out of time when I was working on it a few weeks ago and the weather has been to crappy to work on it recently. Do you think this could cause sag under load or am I overthinking that?
Sponsored

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Please provide an update or some pics of the "sag". I'm kind of in the same boat (RC 2.5" spacer lift as well). Trying to decide on what to do once it gets warmer out.
I've seen some threads where people are thinking of using Rubicon Rear Coils or getting the Teraflex .5" spacer load lever kit.
Decisions, decisions.....

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Please provide an update or some pics of the "sag". I'm kind of in the same boat (RC 2.5" spacer lift as well). Trying to decide on what to do once it gets warmer out.
I've seen some threads where people are thinking of using Rubicon Rear Coils or getting the Teraflex .5" spacer load lever kit.
Decisions, decisions.....
So I did loosen all the bolts and re tighten. Don't think it did anything for the sag. I ended up ordering the daystar 3/4 inch rear spacer. Nice poly spacer that works well with the rc lift. Just sits under the isolator. Very happy with it. Made the rear a tiny bit higher but that's the stance I was looking for. Also upgraded to the N3 shocks, they are way beefier then the stocks and have tightened up the response.

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
The kit is 2.5 inches for the front only. 2 inches of lift for the rear. I have a 4 door with the same lift and if you stare you can see the front is a smidge higher. When under load it'll probably be more obvious but I doubt anyone notices.

Honestly the only fix is probably to get a heavy front metal bumper.

I saw a willys jeep today that was lifted and when he took off from a stop the front raised quite a bit, was super surprised to see it do that. Guess it's normal

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sag would be if you filled the rear of the jeep with heavy opjects or a heavy rear bumper with tire carrier etc and the rear end looks lower due to the weight.

If the jeep is stock weight/not loaded down and you see it looks uneven on flat pavement, that is because the kit lifts 2.5 front and 2.0 rear. This is to level the vehicle out/compensate for a winch. Without added weight the front end will be a half inch higher, I highly doubt this is noticable.

It sounds like what you are describing is not sag, but squat. Squat is when you accelerate and the rear end dips. This is normal and will be more noticeable on a lifted vehicle. A stiffer spring will reduce squat but result in a stiff ride. The proper way to correct it is by adding a long arm kit which improves geometry/control arm angles.
Sponsored