Odd Request in MD

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Just going to throw this out there. I live in Baltimore county. I would like to install my steel rear bumper and can't do it by myself. I know I can pay for a shop but I prefer to do it myself and honestly, I like doing this stuff. The problem is that this is not a one-person job and my wife is unable to assist. So reaching out to see if anyone would be able to assist. I can pay for gas and provide lunch or if you prefer pay for your time.

DV8 Steel rear with backup sensors and backup lights that would require wiring. So it will take some time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd Request in MD 1628335101584
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just going to throw this out there. I live in Baltimore county. I would like to install my steel rear bumper and can't do it by myself. I know I can pay for a shop but I prefer to do it myself and honestly, I like doing this stuff. The problem is that this is not a one-person job and my wife is unable to assist. So reaching out to see if anyone would be able to assist. I can pay for gas and provide lunch or if you prefer pay for your time.

DV8 Steel rear with backup sensors and backup lights that would require wiring. So it will take some time.

1628335101584.png
I wish you were close. I'd help you in a nanosecond. Look into a local Facebook Jeep club and someone there may jump right in, just for the fun of it. I'd even bring the beer.

I've done 4 front bumpers now, so yeah, a second set of hands is required. I did my winch installation on my own but it wasn't fun and I could have dropped the bumper and scratched it up pretty good.

My brother and a few friends from our local Jeep club occasionally do Jeep work days where we get together and install whatever someone has picked up for their Jeep. Maybe put it out there for others to come and do some of their mods, too.

Hopefully someone will see this and jump in and give you a hand!

Let's see the pics when you get her done!

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If you were closer, I would lend a hand and even bring all the tools to do it.. Yet Michigan is a little bit far for a couple hours.

Reactions: KNN

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Seriously this can be DIY all alone. I used a few blocks and a floor jack when I did mine. Just take you time and don't upset the balance. I'm 67 and way too old for this crap, but refuse to admit to old age. Installed front and rear bumpers, sliders, winch and full steel skid pans all alone. Sometimes you need to put in a smaller bolt or even a screwdriver on the first side in order to get the right bolt on the opposite side started. Go slow and brace as you go up.

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Did you get this figured out yet? I am down in md on some weekends since my girl lives there. It’s not a bad job but a hand can make it easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Did you get this figured out yet? I am down in md on some weekends since my girl lives there. It’s not a bad job but a hand can make it easier.
Not yet, still looking for an extra hand. I have a jacked-up knee and with my luck it would go out on me trying this on my own

Ketamingo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Accord. 2023 JLUR XR HVY ordered 6/25.
Any luck? I'm in Baltimore City and might be able to find time if you're still in need.
Sponsored