No Chief Blue

Jeepguy1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So I go to order a Rubicon and found out chief blue is no longer available. Someone said Nacho too. Anyway, would Jeep add new colors to replace any that dropped off? Seems like the 2021 colors are kind of blah. Maybe it’s me
Sponsored

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR , sold-2019 JL Rubicon Mojito
So I go to order a Rubicon and found out chief blue is no longer available. Someone said Nacho too. Anyway, would Jeep add new colors to replace any that dropped off? Seems like the 2021 colors are kind of blah. Maybe it’s me
There is a Chief blue JLUR 2.0L at a dealer in Sullivan Missouri, only options are cold weather group, automatic, and M/T tires. I was going to go look at it cause its pretty discounted, but the salesman called back and said it was being used as a service loaner and would have approximately 2000 miles on it. They offered another 1500 off which would bring the price to right at 40g, but I passed. They also have a new Nacho optioned exactly the same.

OP
OP

Jeepguy1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I appreciate it but after all the Jeeps ive owned im hoping this is my last. Im looking for a loaded Rubicon with a V6. Pretty much why I am ordering because it seems like when the dealer orders a loaded one it ends up with a hard top or the One Touch and I dont care for either. Plus they add metal bumpers which I will end up replacing later with aftermartket. So I am just trying to see when Gecko may be available. I am hearing late summer which is not what I was wanting to hear.

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate it but after all the Jeeps ive owned im hoping this is my last. Im looking for a loaded Rubicon with a V6. Pretty much why I am ordering because it seems like when the dealer orders a loaded one it ends up with a hard top or the One Touch and I dont care for either. Plus they add metal bumpers which I will end up replacing later with aftermartket. So I am just trying to see when Gecko may be available. I am hearing late summer which is not what I was wanting to hear.
I dont blame you. I sold the 2 door mojito in my profile pick last october, bought a Scat pack challenger, and a guy flew out from Dallas and bought that on Saturday. I placed my order for a JLU rubi yesterday haha. I wanted sting-gray all along and settled on mojito last time. I definitely needed the 4 door though with a 3 year old, a 15yr old and a Belgian Malinois that wants to go everywhere with me! I couldnt find what I was looking for either. I wanted a 2.0L this time and auto, premium soft top, and cold weather group. I still have my Oracle oculus headlights, and led fogs in the garage from the 2 door so I passed on the LED group. I just need to find some LED DRL take offs again.

OP
OP

Jeepguy1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I dont blame you. I sold the 2 door mojito in my profile pick last october, bought a Scat pack challenger, and a guy flew out from Dallas and bought that on Saturday. I placed my order for a JLU rubi yesterday haha. I wanted sting-gray all along and settled on mojito last time. I definitely needed the 4 door though with a 3 year old, a 15yr old and a Belgian Malinois that wants to go everywhere with me! I couldnt find what I was looking for either. I wanted a 2.0L this time and auto, premium soft top, and cold weather group. I still have my Oracle oculus headlights, and led fogs in the garage from the 2 door so I passed on the LED group. I just need to find some LED DRL take offs again.

I am just now getting back in the Jeep game. I have had a Jeep in the driveway since 89 until a year or so ago when my 07 JK Rubi was totaled. Ordered it new at the end of 06. I said when I get my next one it will be loaded and taken care of. I have a RZR that I can do my hard core off roading with. The new Jeep will get of road but I plan on keeping it mainly stock and take the easier trails. I cant tell you how many TJs Ive beaten to hell haha. This one is going to grow old with me

Sponsored

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I have had a jeep problem! I bought the 1st 1997 TJ that the dealer got, but hated the 4cyl so I traded that for the 4.0 as soon as one came in. I had multiple TJs over the years and they were all great vehicles. Ordered a 2007 rescue green JK that I actually really liked even though the 3.8 was a dog and when the time came to expand I ordered a 2016 Willys JKU in Rhino. That was probably the worst of the bunch. I had tons of problems with that thing. The hardtop would leak and just drip on my kids feet in the back seat, and fill the drivers floor board up. I had really good luck with my 2019 though, I hope this 2021 is more of the same. I drove a buddys 2.0 and really liked it. Plus my wifes Grand Cherokee has the 3.6 and I gotta be different!

mark1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada Jeep JK
Oh I have had a jeep problem! I bought the 1st 1997 TJ that the dealer got, but hated the 4cyl so I traded that for the 4.0 as soon as one came in. I had multiple TJs over the years and they were all great vehicles. Ordered a 2007 rescue green JK that I actually really liked even though the 3.8 was a dog and when the time came to expand I ordered a 2016 Willys JKU in Rhino. That was probably the worst of the bunch. I had tons of problems with that thing. The hardtop would leak and just drip on my kids feet in the back seat, and fill the drivers floor board up. I had really good luck with my 2019 though, I hope this 2021 is more of the same. I drove a buddys 2.0 and really liked it. Plus my wifes Grand Cherokee has the 3.6 and I gotta be different!
Yeah. I hated that 3.6! I was so mad they went away from the straight 6. So many things have changed with them since my last one. I don’t know where to begin haha. I’m buying in though and ordering everything. I tried to work some deals today with 2 chiefs that I found a few miles away but I don’t want to trade everything that I want just to get a color. One was sold and the other had $4,000 in stuff I didn’t want. I can order what I want for cheaper and then go wrap it whatever color I want. Going in tomorrow and getting it over with
Sponsored