New sound system!

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
Yes, the Hardest part is wire placement. There is very little room and wire planning and tidiness is a must.
Does the Datalink have to connect to the "canbus" I believe that's the module behind the glove box or is it all self contained behind the radio? **Please say all contained** haha

Sylent2018

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 door
Does the Datalink have to connect to the "canbus" I believe that's the module behind the glove box or is it all self contained behind the radio? **Please say all contained** haha
Its a 2 prong connection behind the glove box. It comes with a proprietary plug that can only go in one way.

Sponsored

Sylent2018

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 door
Is there many spots or does it replace one..Sorry for the questions
There are couple of plugs, but if my memory recalls correctly, it can only go in one place. If this is your first install I would recommend having someone help you.

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
There are couple of plugs, but if my memory recalls correctly, it can only go in one place. If this is your first install I would recommend having someone help you.
Not my first radio install, but never messed with the canbus

jcardenas7196

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome, I did something similar, but with a Kenwood. I wasnt able to use my backup camera. Were you able to get the stocks USB ports to function? Like the one in your console?

jcardenas7196

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I got everything to work. I even got the backup cam to work with an aftermarket device. Problem is the wires are to bulky to get it to fit. I will need to shorten the wires and get rid of unnecessary cables. Very tight area to work with.
What device did you use?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Giving life to an old thread. Were you able to use the OEM media center with the 4660?
Sponsored