Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
Greetings! I signed the buyers order today for a '22 JLUR, my first Jeep! I have always been a Toyota fanboy, a Celica, two Corollas, then I wanted an adventure vehicle and was waiting for 3 years for the 6th gen 4Runner. I ended up with an '18 Subaru Outback, lifted it with a 2" spacer lift and threw on some larger wheels. It's been more than I had hoped for honestly. It's gotten me to some crazy places where some Wrangler guys even said, "wow, I'm surprised you made it!" However, moving back to CO, I'm now looking to hit some more trails and the Outback is struggling a bit more than I'd like. Toyota refuses to release the 6th gen 4Runner and stick their nose up at me when I want to pay less than MSRP for a vehicle so I looked at Wranglers. Worked out a deal for 3% below invoice and a guaranteed number on my trade even having to wait however long it takes for them to build my Jeep. While it may not be the best deal I could have gotten, I am happy with the numbers and now the waiting game begins! I'm pretty excited to get out on the trails, make some modifications to make the Jeep unique to me and do some overlanding in a more capable vehicle!

I've been lurking around this board for a while and it's answered some of my questions but I have more that I will probably just have to decide for myslef once I get the vehicle. I didn't get many options because they add up quick. Just the tow package and cold weather package. The 8.4, Alpine system, and proximity all come standard with the Rubicon for '22. I Ended up choosing the 2.0 since I believe the turbo will be better at elevation and we'll be doing a lot of mountain driving and high elevation trails. Have never driven one, have only ridden in a JK with the old school 3.6 so I hoped I picked well. Neither myself nor the dealer knew if the 2022 2.0 comes with eTorque, I didn't want it. I read online both that it will be in 2.0 for '22 and that it has been gone for a while, I guess I'll wait and see. Either way, I know I'm going to be happy with this new vehicle!

Looking forward to contributing here!

Mike
Sponsored

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Greetings! I signed the buyers order today for a '22 JLUR, my first Jeep! I have always been a Toyota fanboy, a Celica, two Corollas, then I wanted an adventure vehicle and was waiting for 3 years for the 6th gen 4Runner. I ended up with an '18 Subaru Outback, lifted it with a 2" spacer lift and threw on some larger wheels. It's been more than I had hoped for honestly. It's gotten me to some crazy places where some Wrangler guys even said, "wow, I'm surprised you made it!" However, moving back to CO, I'm now looking to hit some more trails and the Outback is struggling a bit more than I'd like. Toyota refuses to release the 6th gen 4Runner and stick their nose up at me when I want to pay less than MSRP for a vehicle so I looked at Wranglers. Worked out a deal for 3% below invoice and a guaranteed number on my trade even having to wait however long it takes for them to build my Jeep. While it may not be the best deal I could have gotten, I am happy with the numbers and now the waiting game begins! I'm pretty excited to get out on the trails, make some modifications to make the Jeep unique to me and do some overlanding in a more capable vehicle!

I've been lurking around this board for a while and it's answered some of my questions but I have more that I will probably just have to decide for myslef once I get the vehicle. I didn't get many options because they add up quick. Just the tow package and cold weather package. The 8.4, Alpine system, and proximity all come standard with the Rubicon for '22. I Ended up choosing the 2.0 since I believe the turbo will be better at elevation and we'll be doing a lot of mountain driving and high elevation trails. Have never driven one, have only ridden in a JK with the old school 3.6 so I hoped I picked well. Neither myself nor the dealer knew if the 2022 2.0 comes with eTorque, I didn't want it. I read online both that it will be in 2.0 for '22 and that it has been gone for a while, I guess I'll wait and see. Either way, I know I'm going to be happy with this new vehicle!

Looking forward to contributing here!

Mike
According to the 2022 order guide, the 2.0T comes with ESS.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Congrats on the new Jeep and welcome to the forum Mike. Any questions you need we are here to help! I have a JLUR myself and it’s been a great experience. Going to Alabama Hills this weekend for some wheeling and camping! Take it easy 😎.
Sponsored