New noise after engine replacement

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
So, picked up the Jeep after it spent three weeks at the dealership getting the engine replaced. First drive on the freeway, and I get the noise in the video attached. Doesn’t seem to affect the driving or performance, but clearly annoying. Thoughts? I did send the clip to the dealership, waiting on a response.
Sponsored

Attachments

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So, picked up the Jeep after it spent three weeks at the dealership getting the engine replaced. First drive on the freeway, and I get the noise in the video attached. Doesn’t seem to affect the driving or performance, but clearly annoying. Thoughts? I did send the clip to the dealership, waiting on a response.
That sounds like lemon law.

P.S. Check if engine mount is bad.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I'll check the mount. I hope it's not lemon law, I love this Jeep and specifically everything I've done to it lol

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hey I read on another thread you had your engine replaced because of a ticking noise. And now you’re having a different issue? How’s it running now?
My Jl is in the shop for an engine replacement as well 2.0 turbo

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
^^^Geezpnd,
Did u post a new thread about ur engine failure?
Would love to read the details...

TY & GL mate!

cheers/B

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey I read on another thread you had your engine replaced because of a ticking noise. And now you’re having a different issue? How’s it running now?
My Jl is in the shop for an engine replacement as well 2.0 turbo
Hey, Geezpnd. If you need any assistance while your Jeep is at the dealer for repairs, send us a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
^^^Geezpnd,
Did u post a new thread about ur engine failure?
Would love to read the details...

TY & GL mate!

cheers/B
Hey yes I did. It’s currently in the shop due to a loud ticking or knocking noise It kept having. I’m no mechanic and I honestly thought it was normal because the car was running fine to me at 91 octane. Any who i took it in for service and apparently they couldn’t figure it out and will now be replacing the engine with a new one. Haven’t heard from them

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi there, while mine is not as bad as the movie you posted, it is a very similar sound and I can see it getting worse… what was your resolution / answer for this? Hoping I can still get whatever it is fixed while it’s still under warranty. Also had my engine replaced earlier this year at about 15k miles
Sponsored