Sponsored

Need your thoughts on these builds!

First Name
Thierry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi. Im about to receive my new 19 JLUR 6speed and i would like your input on those 2 build... Am i missing any parts to have a complete build?? Did i choose a wrong part for any of those 2 setup?? And finally witch one would you choose and why?? I need as much feedback as i can get before placing the order..
And if anyone is wondering, i'l be running 37's to start with.

Build 1
  1. EVO Manufacturing 3.5in Enforcer Lift Kit w/King Shocks Stage 4 - JL
  2. Currie Enterprises Johnny Joint Rear Trackbar - JL
  3. Steer Smarts Yeti XD 'No Drill' Top Mount Draglink - JL
  4. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Long Tie Rod Assembly - JL Rubicon Only
  5. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Front Adjustable Track Bar - JL
  6. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Flex Damper Bracket - JL/JK
  7. King Shocks 2.0 Replacement Steering Stabilizer, Front - JL
  8. J.E. Reel 1350 Heavy Duty Driveline Front, M/T - JL
  9. J.E. Reel 1350 Heavy Duty Driveline Rear, M/T - JL 4Dr

Build 2

1. Teraflex 4.5in Sport ST4 Suspension System w/ Falcon 3.3 Shocks - JL 4Dr
  2. Currie Enterprises Adjustable Control Arms - JL (all 8 arm kit)
  3. Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer - JL
  4. Currie Enterprises Johnny Joint Rear Trackbar - JL
  5. Steer Smarts Yeti XD 'No Drill' Top Mount Draglink - JL
  6. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Long Tie Rod Assembly - JL Rubicon Only
  7. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Front Adjustable Track Bar - JL
  8. Steer Smarts Yeti XD Flex Damper Bracket - JL/JK
  9. J.E. Reel 1350 Heavy Duty Driveline Front, M/T - JL
  10. J.E. Reel 1350 Heavy Duty Driveline Rear, M/T - JL 4DR
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
You realize that you never mentioned the intended use of the Jeep. That makes all the difference in what..... if anything..... needs upgrading.

OP
OP
First Name
Thierry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You realize that you never mentioned the intended use of the Jeep. That makes all the difference in what..... if anything..... needs upgrading.
I thought i did not need to explain that part.
Sure its gonna be doing Road/highway use since its going to be my main vehicle except going to work cause i got a small car for that. So a super nice ride on the highway is always appreciated.
As for the off-road use, its going to be Rock crawling in hard trail mountain/wood type. In a near future i would also like to go to Moab and Rubicon trail and such. Overlanding also. So its kind of a good for everything jeep im gonna need.
Weekend warrior style...

Hope it helps a little.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Soooooooo...
1. Metal cloak has the best arms on the market. Dealt with Currie, evo, synergy, teraflex, rubicon express, pro comp, rock krawler, rough country...etc. metal cloak has the best arms because they are well manufactured and have the best joint design/function.
2. You are looking to spend an assload on shocks you don’t understand or likely need
3. Steer smarts makes good linkage
4. Have you planned for track bar relocation to match drag link flip angles so you can prevent bump steer and the need for a stabilizer
5. If you are looking at stabilizers have you looked at the aforementioned steering geometry

Hopefully that helps but it’s all opinions. Do what you gotta do.

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Soooooooo...
1. Metal cloak has the best arms on the market. Dealt with Currie, evo, synergy, teraflex, rubicon express, pro comp, rock krawler, rough country...etc. metal cloak has the best arms because they are well manufactured and have the best joint design/function.
2. You are looking to spend an assload on shocks you don’t understand or likely need
3. Steer smarts makes good linkage
4. Have you planned for track bar relocation to match drag link flip angles so you can prevent bump steer and the need for a stabilizer
5. If you are looking at stabilizers have you looked at the aforementioned steering geometry

Hopefully that helps but it’s all opinions. Do what you gotta do.
Hey Josh, So you say that Metal cloak has the best arms on the market, but Currie LCA is 1.63 diameter x .25 wall and Metal cloak is only 1.5 Diameter x .18 wall. That's a huge difference in size and wall thickness. Wouldn't the larger dia and thicker wall be better or is it the joint design that makes it better? Actually Tereflex and Synergy also are larger dia and wall thickness.
Also, I'm looking at a new track bar. Do you think the Yeti is better then the Metal cloak (part number 7616)? Is there one that's better.

I don't do much off roading, I'm just trying to correct my wondering my Jeep has and I want to make the right choice.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Serious thoughts?
Drive it for a few thousand miles before doing anything to it.
Once your confident it has no issues, have at it....sounds like it is going to be a bad ass jeep.
AND will be doing bad ass jeep things.

OP
OP
First Name
Thierry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Serious thoughts?
Drive it for a few thousand miles before doing anything to it.
Once your confident it has no issues, have at it....sounds like it is going to be a bad ass jeep.
AND will be doing bad ass jeep things.
Thanks buddy. Thats probably what's gonna happen. Actually right now im still waiting on my jeep. I've ordered one exactly like i wanted. But in the meantime, i already bought a bunch of parts... I could not resist. Got the poison Spyder front and rear bumper (bruiser series). Ordered some rigid lights. And as for the suspension i decided to give a try to the Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5" Rocksport Edition. I've ordered it but im not sure how much time is it gonna take before i receive it. The reason why i went with MC is after looking at lot of build on the internet, it really seems like a good kit and its also cheaper than EVO.
As for the tire and wheels, its gonna be 37's on Machete beadlock or method wheel, something like that. But because of money resources not being unlimited, im probably gonna ride the jeep stock for a while and wait till i get everything i want to modify it like i want. That way i will know how it ride before putting everything on it.
Sponsored