Need help Sahara or Rubicon

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
" I went with the Sahara because I wanted automatic full time four wheel drive and the limited slip diff. Also our 18” rims and tires have slightly lower side walls for better on road handling. I spend more time on road than off. "

You make sense. I don't make enough money to drive a $50k+ vehicle on hard core off road trails. Scrapes and dings would bum me out and I would not look at them as a badge of honor. If I lived near the mountains with great off road opportunities I would probably get a used semi beat up jeep for trail rides.

Still I love the bad a$$ look of the Rubicon. I think in the end I will be getting whatever one has the options I want at the best price. If prices are withing $20 a month, I think I would go with the Rubicon.

Not sure why I would need full time four wheel drive as long as I have it when need it.
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
" I went with the Sahara because I wanted automatic full time four wheel drive and the limited slip diff. Also our 18” rims and tires have slightly lower side walls for better on road handling. I spend more time on road than off. "

You make sense. I don't make enough money to drive a $50k+ vehicle on hard core off road trails. Scrapes and dings would bum me out and I would not look at them as a badge of honor. If I lived near the mountains with great off road opportunities I would probably get a used semi beat up jeep for trail rides.

Still I love the bad a$$ look of the Rubicon. I think in the end I will be getting whatever one has the options I want at the best price. If prices are withing $20 a month, I think I would go with the Rubicon.

Not sure why I would need full time four wheel drive as long as I have it when need it.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I bought used 2019 Sahara. I found an 8 month old With 7,000 miles. It was in New York and I’m in Cali. Cost me $1200 to ship. I used Auto Trader to find it. Had all options I was looking for! It was 15,000 off original sticker, and I was able to pay cash. If I can’t pay cash I can’t afford it!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
With the issues that everyone is reporting with the LSD axles, I would go with a Rubicon to get away from that alone.

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
The finders also set higher on the side of the Rubi than they do on the Sahara. The hood is also different for the Rubi than Sahara and of course add the lettering in the Hood (which my wife does not like btw). Rear tow hook and front tow hooks are red on the Rubi as well and the dash of a Rubi is red.

The items that I listed plus the items that you indicated are the primary cosmetic differences. I know there are other items but I hit many of the high points.

Might I suggest you go to a lot and take a first hand detained comparison of a Rubi vs a Sahara. And if you compare both in the same color the differences will be easier for you and your wife to both see.

One last point (my $0.02). I noticed that you did not say.... I want a Jeep and my wife wants a “blank”. So you have already cleared that hurdle. ;)

MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY ON BOARD WITH THE JEEP AS WELL!!!!!

btw we have ‘20 Sahara and added 2” Mopar, 35s and 20” wheels. LOVE IT!!!!!!
5FB352D2-D83E-4126-B46A-B356DC434ED9.jpeg
Did you change the suspension too or just a lift? I’m not to savvy on all the aftermarket parts that are available, I just know what I like, and me likes a lot! 😂
Sponsored