First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Any recommendations on what solid mirrors that don't make funny sound or jitters when I am driving at say 60mph? Thank you so much in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Yea NJ requires at least driver side mirror but given the terrible drivers we have in this state, I have no qualms about mounting both to protect my Jeep!! Can’t go wrong with the Lange coyote. They’re inexpensive, mount easily and make no vibrations or whistles. I’ve driven from NJ to mid-Hudson valley with them on the NY Thruway... perfect!

btw - I have a pair of the Rugged Ridge rectangular ones that attach to the windshield hinge if anyone local wants them. Happy to give them to a fellow Jeeper. I just found them to be a pain in the ass to put on and take off. Coyotes are way easier.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help! Noob here! Side mirror recommendations please 28E0875D-5F43-481D-999E-07F98D902E51

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked around and Lange Coyotes are not available untile next month (Quadratec site stated that it will be in stock around July 15 to 23.)

Having said that I guess I will purchase Lange Coyotes when it is available however the weather has been super nice and I was hoping that I can take my door off this weekend
The coyotes seem to be notoriously hard to get! I ordered early last summer and didnt get them until October. Dates kept rolling forward.

I didn’t want to miss a whole summer without being able to take the doors off. That’s why I also ordered the Rugged Ridge ones.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve, I might just need to do what you are doing. I really want to take my door off soon. Does your offer on Rugged Ridge mirrors still stand. I might just use them while waiting for coyotes.

I do insist on giving you some payment for those mirrors or at least let me buy you coffee! I will pay it forward with the mirrors like you did once I am done.

I go to Saddle Brook park - walking my dogs from Saddle Brook to wild Duck Pond close to Ridgewood a few times a week. I can come and pick it up at your convenience.

Lemme know. Thanks again!! :like:
For sure! I’d rather see them go to good use than collect dust in my garage! Have the box and instructions also. I’d be happy to meet you in Ridgewood at the duck pond if that’s easier. I don’t want any payment for them. Just enjoy them or pay it forward like you said!

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help! Noob here! Side mirror recommendations please 10F77E44-AAC6-493C-8941-1F279A41FFBD

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
We've got the mirrors from CMM Offroad -very happy with them. I ended up getting the ones with a ball mount to put a phone/Ipad/camera on - missed when ordering that you can get the mounts without the ball (and would have been cheaper to boot).

Super stable, does not rattle around, and are very well built.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Nathan - I went to their website but then their offering is so confusing that I just gave up. I really don't know which one to buy. There are not that many information about their product on their website. You get a list to select to - of items that are in different configurations, and I would say that their price are above average so it would suck if I buy the wrong one.

Someone pointed out in a different form that CMM is really good. I just want to know what I should get and if it is within my budget for such investment. Thanks for getting back. Cheers!

Here is the link for the mirrors for your jeep assuming your signature is correct - 2019 JL.

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...-1-ball-mount-solution?variant=13869523435581

Just select the option for the "Ball Mount Delete" and you will get the appropriate mirrors/mounts, etc. $250.

Full disclosure - I have nothing to do with CMM other than I have purchased and very much like their products.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
First of all that’s very nice of you Steve. I agree it’s not always about money.
Ken, if you get tired of bolting the mirrors Steinjagger has a rectangular set that drops in and has a magnet to keep them still.
One more thing... trust me you WANT mirrors on both sides weather it’s the law or not. I drove my old JK without mirrors and it sucked. It was my first time with doors off and I didn’t even enjoy it. I kept having to whip my head around like an idiot just to change lanes.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, Thank you so much for your advice. I will get mirrors for both sides then! I saw the Steinjagger rectangular on extremeterrain.com and it looks pretty solid - although they are back ordered for 2 - 3 weeks. Just for the sake of consistency - would you mind linking the Steinjagger mirror link for me? The magnet was not mentioned but I am sure with some research I would be able to understand the role of the magnet.

Steinjagger also have sets of door tube for sale. Is it important to have door tube if the door is off? I am mostly driving in the city and sometimes going around 60 - 70 on highway. Do I need the door tube? Thanks again.
Steve, Thank you so much for your advice. I will get mirrors for both sides then! I saw the Steinjagger rectangular on extremeterrain.com and it looks pretty solid - although they are back ordered for 2 - 3 weeks. Just for the sake of consistency - would you mind linking the Steinjagger mirror link for me? The magnet was not mentioned but I am sure with some research I would be able to understand the role of the magnet.

Steinjagger also have sets of door tube for sale. Is it important to have door tube if the door is off? I am mostly driving in the city and sometimes going around 60 - 70 on highway. Do I need the door tube? Thanks again.
Hi Ken, yes you’re right. I couldn’t find them on Steinjager’s site either. It seems they’re more geared for JK’s and older. It’s a shame as I like their stuff.
You don’t have to have tube doors but they are nice. I use them when the wife or mom are in the Jeep it makes them feel more secure. When I go upstate I bring the drop ins so I don’t have to travel with tube doors in the back.
I’ll post my current Jeep (Bikini) with the tube doors and my old JK (red) with the drop in mirrors. The JK pic is hard to see. If you want a close up of the mirrors just reach out.
If you’re interested Steinjager has a 800 number.
Take care buddy and be safe.

3096D8DD-0247-44BB-9568-FD2F61A33B29.jpeg

6C9A0528-E06F-4BD8-B9EC-8340B2910DD6.jpeg

3D6BC252-5FC6-4281-B092-7E0BF768EB99.jpeg

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nathan thank you so much!!! I will be looking into this. I am sure that the cost justified the practicality, construction and workmanship. For instance the ball mount solution - is it needed? I appreciate you pointing me to the right configurations. Cheers

I don't need the ball mount, but since I have it I am tinkering with the idea of mounting a gopro there to catch some video while offroading. you would only need if you plan on mounting a phone/camera/similar there.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BOOOO YAH!!!! Man fellow Jeepers are the BEST!!!! I actually met Steve today and he gave me the mirror for nuffin!!! I am so touched. :crying:

Then I found out that he have an awesome spiffed up Rubicon!!! Long term goal - persuade Mr. Nice Guy here to GIVE me his Rubicon (again for Nuffin)!!! :like:

Thanks a lot Steve!!! This will tide me over till I get my own mirror and I will pass it on to other Jeepers when I am done. BIG HUGS!!! :jk:
Lol! Jeep people will part with their parts but never their Jeep!! :CWL:! Glad you’ll put them to good use. Was nice meeting you!
Sponsored