The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the Dallas Auto Show with my son. We have been going to this every year for the past twenty years, it is our father-son bonding experience.

Today I told him that my only hope was that FCA - Jeep had a JT Gladiator at the show. Just like last year when the JL was still the new kid on the block, they indeed did have a black Rubicon Gladiator in attendance. But just like last years JL, it was on a stage not to be touched or fawned over.

I have to admit, I have treated the whole Gladiator announcement with a big yawn (up until now). I love my JLUR, but this Gladiator is my new lusted for vehicle. My son said "I have a great idea, why don't you just give me the JLUR and you go buy the Gladiator"..........which makes perfect sense, were it not for the $15k I have invested in upgrades and the monthly payment on the Jeep...LOL

However, my mental wheels are spinning, I need to find a justification in the next year to add a second Jeep to the family......

IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0312.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Your son obviously has a fantastic idea. The JLUR has obviously served you well, so having the pickup version will be a fantastic addition to your jeep family for those times you need a pickup.

It is a sensible choice. :like:
:jk:

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
No justification needed, you work hard all week doing for others you’re entitled to occasionally do something for yourself.
At least that was my rational when I traded in for my Jeep

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your son obviously has a fantastic idea. The JLUR has obviously served you well, so having the pickup version will be a fantastic addition to your jeep family for those times you need a pickup.

It is a sensible choice. :like:
:jk:
Matt is this you???? Lol. This sounds like what he said!!! LMAO

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No justification needed, you work hard all week doing for others you’re entitled to occasionally do something for yourself.
At least that was my rational when I traded in for my Jeep
Still paying for this one. It would take me a month to remove all my upgrades to place on the JT.

The son says “ Customize this one differently, you know you want to”. The secret is, he’s right. LOL

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Still paying for this one. It would take me a month to remove all my upgrades to place on the JT.

The son says “ Customize this one differently, you know you want to”. The secret is, he’s right. LOL
And what a fantastic bonding experience it would be working on your Jeeps together, off roading together. Priceless memories beyond the value of money.

Some day he will be telling your grand kids and great grand kids about the good times with his father.

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And what a fantastic bonding experience it would be working on your Jeeps together, off roading together. Priceless memories beyond the value of money.

Some day he will be telling your grand kids and great grand kids about the good times with his father.

Seriously Matt is this you with three different screen names????? L M A O

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

Agreed. You can't put a price on the relationship you will be building that will transcend through generations of your family.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
We went there as well today. Just bought a '19 Moab in black so not gonna be allowed to buy anything for a little while. My GF said next year, we can consider trading in my car for a '20 Gladiator. We're gonna need a Pickup...LOL

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Seriously Matt is this you with three different screen names????? L M A O
Did your father work on Jeeps and wheel with you?

If so, you must continue the family tradition.

If not, you should be the first to start a family tradition that your son will carry to his children. Some day your grand children will be telling their kids about how they learned from their father who learned from his.

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice try.....

My granddaughter already loves Jeeps and wants one when she's old enough to drive in a few years, either a Jeep or a Volkswagen Beetle...LOL.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.