Sponsored

Mod for closing hardtop window AFTER tailgate door?

Kingcobra501

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Is there a way to have the swinging door be on the outside of the closure for the hardtops? I would honestly get a spare tire delete if I can make this happen because it is so much more convenient. I want to be able to open the top to get to my dogs without having them try to jump out of the tailgate when I open it first.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to have the swinging door be on the outside of the closure for the hardtops? I would honestly get a spare tire delete if I can make this happen because it is so much more convenient. I want to be able to open the top to get to my dogs without having them try to jump out of the tailgate when I open it first.
How about dog obedience training?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
There isn’t away to reverse order shut the swing gate and hardtop rear window, because then it wouldn’t seal up. it would take major modifications for this to even work so I don’t think it would be worth the effort.

I think your best bet is to maybe install a net gate on just the lower half, so when you open the gate first they can’t just try and jump out because the net is there. This could easily be made to work if you wanted to do it like that.
Sponsored