Sponsored

Moab = Rubicon springs ?

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
My daughter is driving a MOAB and was wondering if the Moab and Rubicon have the same springs. I would do a quick swap of my old springs/shocks, if it made a 1/1.5" lift. The Moab does appear to have the same RED shocks as the Rubicon.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The coils have tags on them with part numbers. Compare to the tag on a Rubicon with the same top and see what you find.

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I did, quick look, before I posted, but I'll have to take a closer one this weekend.... Thanks WXman

FYI..... if anyone has any interest I would post the info I found.

I pulled the passenger front tag from the Moab and it appears (based on the numbers given on Sahara vs Rubicon springs post) there is one number between that is installed on the Moab. Complete quesstimate, but if Sahara's are getting 1+ - 1.5" inch on Rubicon springs the Moab might get 3/4".

Last edited:

scotttedford

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Moab (2018)
Occupation
Software Consultant
I did, quick look, before I posted, but I'll have to take a closer one this weekend.... Thanks WXman

FYI..... if anyone has any interest I would post the info I found.

I pulled the passenger front tag from the Moab and it appears (based on the numbers given on Sahara vs Rubicon springs post) there is one number between that is installed on the Moab. Complete quesstimate, but if Sahara's are getting 1+ - 1.5" inch on Rubicon springs the Moab might get 3/4".

I am curious to know what you found.

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just what I posted above... There is one number (spring) between the Sahara and Rubicon which is the Moab springs. I'm guesstimating it would be about a 3/4" increase in height from Moab to Rubicon. That being based off the 1.5" height between Sahara and Rubicon.
Sponsored