Lift - Sahara Springs versus Rubicon Springs

Nikki1213

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Looking for some input on my 2019 JL Sahara.

I have the following spring part numbers on my Jeep:
Front Springs: 3659AD and 3658AD
Back Springs: 3588AA and 3589AA

I also picked up a Rubicon take off kit with the following spring parts numbers:
Front Springs: 3659AD and 3660AD
Back Springs: 3590AA and 3591AA

Does anyone have the coil spring rates for these part numbers? Iā€™m trying to determine if Iā€™ll get any lift out of switching the springs.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thereā€™s one or two large threads somewhere here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nikki1213

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Iā€™ve never done a lift but I think your math looks right. I thought it was interesting in that linked thread that the passenger side springs were the ones with a higher number. I would have thought theyā€™d be the same or possibly higher on the drivers side. Is yours the same way?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nikki1213

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Iā€™ve never done a lift but I think your math looks right. I thought it was interesting in that linked thread that the passenger side springs were the ones with a higher number. I would have thought theyā€™d be the same or possibly higher on the drivers side. Is yours the same way?
Yes, the passenger side springs are longer. Iā€™ve read that on a lot of threads too.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the passenger side springs are longer. Iā€™ve read that on a lot of threads too.
That's because the gas tank is on the right side. Or so the theory goes.

ajmtrader

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 2009
Looking for some input on my 2019 JL Sahara.

I have the following spring part numbers on my Jeep:
Front Springs: 3659AD and 3658AD
Back Springs: 3588AA and 3589AA

I also picked up a Rubicon take off kit with the following spring parts numbers:
Front Springs: 3659AD and 3660AD
Back Springs: 3590AA and 3591AA

Does anyone have the coil spring rates for these part numbers? Iā€™m trying to determine if Iā€™ll get any lift out of switching the springs.
Did you happen to do the same comparison of part numbers on the shocks?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Did you happen to do the same comparison of part numbers on the shocks?
Iā€™m curious why but I know, physically, the Rubicon shocks are an inch longer and have internal bump stops as opposed to the Sahara HD shocks.

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Nikki,
I have a 2.0L 2020 Sahara that I bought in July and put a Rubi take off suspension and wheels/tires on it, so maybe info below will help.

I was lucky and found a Rubi take off with ...61 both side in the front and ....91 both sides in the rear, shocks, etc. I bought longer Mopar LCAs and installed with .5 Teraflex spacers because I was anticipating having bumpers by now and wanted to offset any spring compression due to added weight.
I also put on Rubi take off wheels I bought here in San Diego from a guy that replaced after about 4500 miles on his 2020 Rubi and installed 1.75 spacers to avoid any rubbing at full lock.

When I took my Sahara to local dealer to perform the TSB for steering issue, they said they though it was a Rubi when they saw it in service lot. They are a mod friendly service dept/dealer and were interested in what I did so I told them.

They did an alignment as part of the TSB for the steering box issue and said the caster with the longer LCAs was good at ~6deg with the tall springs and even .5 spacers and the front to rear track centering with stock track bars was also within 1/16 (I'm not sure I can measure that to confirm, but it was on their print out).

Anyway, I think if you install the Rubi take off suspension, you should be good to go. Maybe pick up the LCAs if you want more refined road manners at higher speeds. Good luck and if you need any info for a self install I can give you the benefit of my experience and as you know, this forum has a lot of knowledgeable wrenchers and good peeps willing to help.

Here's a couple pics of my Sahara after the Rubi suspension and wheel/tire install.

G

Jeep Rubi Take Off 1.jpg

Jeep Rubi Take Off 2.jpg

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Nikki,

Based on your spring numbers differences from stock to Rubicon, it looks like you will have an increase of +1 in the front and plus 2 in the rear. Each increment is about 1/3" increase. This will net you 1/3" front and 2/3" in the rear.
Sponsored