Sponsored

Moab May 18-20

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I'm heading out to Moab and will be there May 18-20 and hoping to check out a trail or two and looking for a trail buddy. I've never been there so don't want to do the trails alone. Anyone live out or visiting the area who wants to meet up?
Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I'm in CO, about 6.5 hours away from Moab. I could possibly head that way on May 18 and camp out there then meet you Friday and Saturday. What kind of trails are you looking to get into?

My first time in Moab was February 2022, two weeks after picking up my first Jeep. I hit Chicken Corners first then Fins N Things the following day. Chicken Corners was okay. It was a long drive for me, pretty dusty, and did my first "obstacle" at the sign with all the chickens. I thought it was awesome but now I'd just laugh at it. 😄

The end of Chicken Corners is the only reason to go. There is a short walk on a ledge with a nice drop off and then it opens up and you get some really cool views.

Fins N Things is pretty fun and a great first trail in Moab. I was super nervous but got lucky and at the first downhill obstacle looking to decide which I wanted to take two vehicles came up behind me and offered to let me tag along with them. I was very thankful and did things I probably wouldn't have. Having someone go before me gave me a huge confidence boost, plus their spotting and their kids cheering me on, "MIKE! MIKE! MIKE! MIKE!" was both hilarious and confidence building. Those guys were awesome, I wish we would have stayed connected. We also met a 4Runner who wanted to turn back but we let him tag along too and he was super psyched because he also ran some obstacles that he had no idea he could make.

If you can do Fins N Things, you can almost certainly do Hells Revenge. The big name obstacles were Hells Gate and The Escalator (which recently was re-opened). For Hells Revenge, I met up with a group of folks who were all from CO and also out there at the time. I got lucky enough to connect with an awesome guy on another Jeep forum who has been volunteering for years at Easter Jeep Safari so his wisdom was so helpful. Now we're friends and I'm going out there to meet up with him to run Elephant Hill, Dome Plateau, and another secret trail with awesome scenery, it doesn't even have a name.

Anyway, I'd be interested in meeting up, may bring wife and dog too. I shouldn't have anything pressing at work but need to make sure my co-worker is not planning vacation then.

One last option, maybe you already know about it, Moab Friends for Wheeling Facebook group. I hate social media with every fiber of my being but there are things like this group that are awesome! That group is actually how I found out 5 other vehicles (not even in the same group) were all headed to Moab from CO (and one Florida I think) and we all met up. It was a blast!

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I'm in CO, about 6.5 hours away from Moab. I could possibly head that way on May 18 and camp out there then meet you Friday and Saturday. What kind of trails are you looking to get into?

My first time in Moab was February 2022, two weeks after picking up my first Jeep. I hit Chicken Corners first then Fins N Things the following day. Chicken Corners was okay. It was a long drive for me, pretty dusty, and did my first "obstacle" at the sign with all the chickens. I thought it was awesome but now I'd just laugh at it. 😄

The end of Chicken Corners is the only reason to go. There is a short walk on a ledge with a nice drop off and then it opens up and you get some really cool views.

Fins N Things is pretty fun and a great first trail in Moab. I was super nervous but got lucky and at the first downhill obstacle looking to decide which I wanted to take two vehicles came up behind me and offered to let me tag along with them. I was very thankful and did things I probably wouldn't have. Having someone go before me gave me a huge confidence boost, plus their spotting and their kids cheering me on, "MIKE! MIKE! MIKE! MIKE!" was both hilarious and confidence building. Those guys were awesome, I wish we would have stayed connected. We also met a 4Runner who wanted to turn back but we let him tag along too and he was super psyched because he also ran some obstacles that he had no idea he could make.

If you can do Fins N Things, you can almost certainly do Hells Revenge. The big name obstacles were Hells Gate and The Escalator (which recently was re-opened). For Hells Revenge, I met up with a group of folks who were all from CO and also out there at the time. I got lucky enough to connect with an awesome guy on another Jeep forum who has been volunteering for years at Easter Jeep Safari so his wisdom was so helpful. Now we're friends and I'm going out there to meet up with him to run Elephant Hill, Dome Plateau, and another secret trail with awesome scenery, it doesn't even have a name.

Anyway, I'd be interested in meeting up, may bring wife and dog too. I shouldn't have anything pressing at work but need to make sure my co-worker is not planning vacation then.

One last option, maybe you already know about it, Moab Friends for Wheeling Facebook group. I hate social media with every fiber of my being but there are things like this group that are awesome! That group is actually how I found out 5 other vehicles (not even in the same group) were all headed to Moab from CO (and one Florida I think) and we all met up. It was a blast!
This is great info, thanks! I'll send you a message to chat about it.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Bumping this up in case anyone wants to meet up with @COJeeper and myself next week to run some trails.

We'll be running Fins & Things and Hells Revenge on the 19th and Tower Arch and TBD other trail on the 20th.
Sponsored