Lunchbox lockers

liquidcowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just ordered a 3.5" lift and 35" tires for my JLUS. Considering re-gearing and kicking around the idea of adding a front and rear locker when I do the gears. My question for the more knowledgeable folks are which lunchbox style lockers would be best for the rear? I don't want it to affect street driving or click if at all possible. Any suggestions or advice?
Sponsored

OP
OP
liquidcowboy

liquidcowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Liquidcowboy,

I don't know of a lunchbox locker strong enough to be considered near-unbreakable while running 35s. The Ausie locker is the one I chose, but installed it in the front only. Most, including me, think it's less than ideal to install a lunchbox locker in the rear. If you're driving on slick roads and one tire slips the locker will lock and loss of control is much, much, easier. Another point to make, your JLUS has brake-lock style traction control, which is darn good on-road, it'd be a shame to defeat that by installing a lunchbox locker.

If you're planning to regear anyway, and you're determined to install a locker, a selectable locker is the way to go. You DO get what you pay for.

Good luck with your decision.

Randy

Thanks for your input. I was looking at the aussie for the front as well. Just wasn’t sure what do to for the rear, if it would be needed at all. In your opinion, do you think just having the locker in the front will be sufficient?