Sponsored

Knockoff Mopar Steel Bumper

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, I did search.
Has anyone seen that there is a knockoff ebay version of the Mopar steel bumper (same as the one that was available on JK's)? It looks like it's exactly the same and comes with a winch plate.
Personally I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it, but thought it was worth bringing up if someone really wants a version of that bumper and will settle for non-OEM. I'm hoping to find a take-off at a reasonable price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-18-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Rubicon-10th-Anniversary-Style-Metal-Front-Bumper/263321756605?fits=Make:Jeep&epid=6009490986&hash=item3d4f3323bd:g:WL4AAOSwBNNcv5am#rwid
Sponsored

Last edited:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
At that price it doesn't feel like a steal...

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
It doesn't look bad but fitment can be an issue.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
At that price it doesn't feel like a steal...
That is about 60% off of a new one from Mopar... Pretty good deal if it looks and functions 99% like the OE version.

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think he mostly wrote that for the zinger. I had typed "steal" instead of "steel" and have since corrected it.

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
It looks terrible! Oh and did anyone notice the $1,500 shipping costs? It might be made of steel, but it look like it comes in 100 pieces. Also looks like the tow-hook hardware would break off in a swift breeze!

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks terrible! Oh and did anyone notice the $1,500 shipping costs? It might be made of steel, but it look like it comes in 100 pieces. Also looks like the tow-hook hardware would break off in a swift breeze!
Have you paid attention to how many pieces make up your steel bumper? The tow hooks look very close to what come on the JK anniversary bumper, if not exactly like it. I would wager that when assembled you would not be able to tell it was fake other than the RUBICON center section. Also, it has free shipping.

Real..
204171.jpg

Fake...
Annotation 2019-05-06 164500.jpg

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Have you paid attention to how many pieces make up your steel bumper? The tow hooks look very close to what come on the JK anniversary bumper, if not exactly like it. I would wager that when assembled you would not be able to tell it was fake other than the RUBICON center section. Also, it has free shipping.
The "100 pieces" remark was short-sighted. In one of the photos it looked like the center part was also bolted together, but I was looking at the photo the wrong way. The hardware looks underwhelming, like these bolts that hold the bumper and hooks on:
Capture.JPG

What IS interesting is the other red clevis mounts that look like they would go below the bumper. Adds good value. Would be worth having a photo installed.

Oh, and I'm in Canada, so:
Capture2.JPG

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "100 pieces" remark was short-sighted. In one of the photos it looked like the center part was also bolted together, but I was looking at the photo the wrong way. The hardware looks underwhelming, like these bolts that hold the bumper and hooks on:
Capture.JPG

What IS interesting is the other red clevis mounts that look like they would go below the bumper. Adds good value. Would be worth having a photo installed.

Oh, and I'm in Canada, so:
Capture2.JPG

Ah, you are in Canada. Hence the crappy shipping.

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Thanks to this forum I felt comfortable enough to order the bumper. Has anyone tried to install an Apex Badlands 1200 winch in it? Is the winch plate any good?

It looks very flimsy compared to the Warn winch plate.
Sponsored