OP

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
You may have just convinced me to put it in our Jeep!!! Can you take a picture without a filter on it so I can get a more accurate look at the?
pics are below, I just took them without the filter, lighting makes a big difference though so the passenger seat looks like a different color in the pics but it is not, just the way my iphone took the pic
IMG-4840.JPG
IMG-4839.JPG
IMG-4838.JPG
IMG-4837.JPG
IMG-4836.JPG

Btsnyder11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
pics are below, I just took them without the filter, lighting makes a big difference though so the passenger seat looks like a different color in the pics but it is not, just the way my iphone took the pic
IMG-4840.JPG
IMG-4839.JPG
IMG-4838.JPG
IMG-4837.JPG
IMG-4836.JPG
It looks really nice. From the Katzkin guy on here, https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/2017OnlineKatzkinSwatchCard.jpg , mahogany looks more brown than anything. But from your pics, they look a lot more red. I know its supposed to be a mix between the two right? Which color do you think it looks more like? Thanks for the response!

OP
OP

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks really nice. From the Katzkin guy on here, https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/2017OnlineKatzkinSwatchCard.jpg , mahogany looks more brown than anything. But from your pics, they look a lot more red. I know its supposed to be a mix between the two right? Which color do you think it looks more like? Thanks for the response!

definitely more brown, pics for some reason look a bit different than in person. it is a bit darker and doesn't have the red/orange tinge to it that appears in the pics.

Sponsored

Btsnyder11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
definitely more brown, pics for some reason look a bit different than in person. it is a bit darker and doesn't have the red/orange tinge to it that appears in the pics.
Awesome! That's what I wanted to know. Thank you!

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
Question for those that switched to leather, are you glad you did? Mine are cloths seats and I really want the Katzkin leather, but other jeeper friends keep saying how hot leather gets in the summers with the top down, and I want the top down as often as possible. But I so love the look of leather. My other cars had leather but there was always a top on them.

Moomoo

First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
Twins!! I got white stitching and the Sahara logo though. Love the color.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those that switched to leather, are you glad you did? Mine are cloths seats and I really want the Katzkin leather, but other jeeper friends keep saying how hot leather gets in the summers with the top down, and I want the top down as often as possible. But I so love the look of leather. My other cars had leather but there was always a top on them.
Mine is getting done now so I'll have an updated review later. I think in the North East you'll have your top on more often than not and the remote start can take care off seats that are too hot or too cold :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
Mine is getting done now so I'll have an updated review later. I think in the North East you'll have your top on more often than not and the remote start can take care off seats that are too hot or too cold :fingerscrossed:
I'm going to hold off as long as possible before putting the hard top back on and I'll keep trying to keep the top down, keep the heat on, the seat warmer on and keep the steering wheel heating :)

Please let us know how the seats come out and where you had them installed. I'm in NJ so depending on where in NY you had it done they may be close by

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to hold off as long as possible before putting the hard top back on and I'll keep trying to keep the top down, keep the heat on, the seat warmer on and keep the steering wheel heating :)

Please let us know how the seats come out and where you had them installed. I'm in NJ so depending on where in NY you had it done they may be close by
I went to Crown Auto in Queens because a buddy recommended them. They seem to do a lot of Jeeps and imports. I worked w Mark and he charged me $1100. Pretty happy with my black on black!

Are the back of the rear seats carpet like OEM cloth or leather?
Yup the backs of my rear seats are like OEM cloth but more tight and a slightly rougher feeling carpet.

C59067EF-FF65-4AB8-96DD-4342CF34003E.jpeg

8754881C-4B79-4255-879D-D95A41045C4F.jpeg

45881CBE-1186-448C-9516-D4C89B579B94.jpeg

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Just added Katskin leather for my JLU Sahara. It made a tremendous difference in appearance and even comfort (seats feel more padded). Quality seems as good or even better than factory. I went with Mahogany colored leather for a contrast look and directly through the installer in Cinnaminson, NJ (Auto Sunroof Inc.) that did a great job at a great price.
I like that. A lot. That's the color I want, like maybe, "baseball glove" color. My wife has same color in her Outback Touring. It's hard to tell from the Katzkin order pages. But that is Mahogany, as you stated, right?

Did you go through Chrysler/Jeep Dealer or Katzkin direct? I'd like to get the Sahara logo embossed, and I read you can only get the logos if ordering through dealer due to licensing. Do you have heated seats? And if so all is well with them?

I am leery about going through dealer, one I went to had no clue... I was wasting his time it seemed...

OP
OP

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like that. A lot. That's the color I want, like maybe, "baseball glove" color. My wife has same color in her Outback Touring. It's hard to tell from the Katzkin order pages. But that is Mahogany, as you stated, right?

Did you go through Chrysler/Jeep Dealer or Katzkin direct? I'd like to get the Sahara logo embossed, and I read you can only get the logos if ordering through dealer due to licensing. Do you have heated seats? And if so all is well with them?

I am leery about going through dealer, one I went to had no clue... I was wasting his time it seemed...

yes mahogany and I too wanted a baseball glove like color.

Sahara logos are only available through the dealer, I don't have heated seats but according to everything I have read they should be fine with that (I wish I had the cold weather package).
Sponsored