www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

A few reasons for the Rubicon. Like others have said, I just wanted some of the options. I wanted the leather seats and contrast stitching. I wanted the transfer case, the painted hard top, bigger screen, etc. I wanted something nice when I got in it for when I’m not on the trail.

you get a few thousand for the take off axles. A little for the Rubi rails, some for the rubicon wheels and tires. In the end, maybe the sport route might have been a little less expensive but it’s rounding errors.

Quite honestly, the original intention wasn’t to build something this extreme. It just ended up this way. Started with the intention of using stock axles and 38’s on a bolt on coilover system. Then I came across a used set of axles and Tactical Offroad had 42’s and most of the double throwdown kit in stock. Somehow I was able to justify the extra spend with the “buy once cry once” mentality and the rest is history.
Thanks for the honest opinion and I can see where you where coming from. The most common reason people say is because of the resell value but i believe if you build it it wont matter witch model when your this deep into a bitchen build. LOL, Such a beauty of a rig man! Happy wheeling!
Sponsored