JLU Still In Scheduling Phase...

CMontgomery93

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JLU Sport S
I ordered my 2018 JLU Sport S back in Feb and we finally got an update Apr 6th with a vin and that it's moved into the scheduling phase. Anyone happen to know about how long it sits in that phase before production actually starts?
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered my 2018 JLU Sport S back in Feb and we finally got an update Apr 6th with a vin and that it's moved into the scheduling phase. Anyone happen to know about how long it sits in that phase before production actually starts?
Did they tell you D or D1? My JLU took 10 days to move from D to D1, but I have heard it took others 48 hours and some many weeks. It then took 2.5 weeks to go from D1 to F. Others have had said shorter and others longer. Your results will vary based on a bunch of factors. Here are the status codes: http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My JL 2dr Ruby was ordered 1-22-18 and 2dr production OFFICIALLY STARTED 4-9-18, but

I ordered the PREMIUM SOFT TOP, so MY PRODUCTION date is MID MAY-18, so

If you ordered the soft top-or dual top-----expect much delay !

Good luck

JIMBO

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My JL 2dr Ruby was ordered 1-22-18 and 2dr production OFFICIALLY STARTED 4-9-18, but

Good luck

JIMBO
Do you think the soft top / dual top delay affects it from going into D1? Or at a different status code? Per other threads, people are getting "We owe you" soft tops on their dual top orders.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
I think all the orders/w the soft top are under a "DELAY" status and you can't depend on the production "STATUS" code---they're all variable depending on FCA's production situation !

Grin and bearit--

JIMBO

Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
OP
OP

CMontgomery93

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they tell you D or D1? My JLU took 10 days to move from D to D1, but I have heard it took others 48 hours and some many weeks. It then took 2.5 weeks to go from D1 to F. Others have had said shorter and others longer. Your results will vary based on a bunch of factors. Here are the status codes: http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/
They didn’t tell me anything other than it’s in scheduling sadly

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
They didn’t tell me anything other than it’s in scheduling sadly
You probably got "Delores" via Jeep chat who is known for refusing to give the codes. If you call the Jeep support number at 877-426-5337 (don't press any of the menu choices) you can ask someone there for your exact code status. It may be off by 24 to 48 hours, but at least you have a close range of status.

OP
OP

CMontgomery93

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You probably got "Delores" via Jeep chat who is known for refusing to give the codes. If you call the Jeep support number at 877-426-5337 (don't press any of the menu choices) you can ask someone there for your exact code status. It may be off by 24 to 48 hours, but at least you have a close range of status.
Sweet thank you!

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Good luck

JIMBO
FYI - I was told (Jeep chat) during the first week of April, that my production (JLUR) was delayed due to the premium soft top portion of the the dual top and to expect it wouldn't move to D1 until mid-May 2018. Then 4 days later (2nd week of April), it went into D1. So that info was wrong (yet again). Combine this with the fact that some people are receiving free soft tops in the back in a box with their hard top only configuration ref: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dual-top-question.6944 you might want to question whoever told you that your order is delayed until mid-May 2018 due to the soft top. It still could be correct info that you received and a valid delay if 2 door soft tops are different, but worth verifying since I was told the exact same thing, but the info was wrong.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
FYI - I was told (Jeep chat) during the first week of April, that my production (JLUR) was delayed due to the premium soft top portion of the the dual top and to expect it wouldn't move to D1 until mid-May 2018. Then 4 days later (2nd week of April), it went into D1. So that info was wrong (yet again). Combine this with the fact that some people are receiving free soft tops in the back in a box with their hard top only configuration ref: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dual-top-question.6944 you might want to question whoever told you that your order is delayed until mid-May 2018 due to the soft top. It still could be correct info that you received and a valid delay if 2 door soft tops are different, but worth verifying since I was told the exact same thing, but the info was wrong.
They most likely messed up and thought you had a 2 door with soft top. Those are delayed until mid May. I had reached out to them to see what they would say and I was told the same thing. They stated that 2 Doors... I said wait I have a 4 door and she corrected herself. Even though she had my VIN she gave me quote for 2 Door Soft Top time frame.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
They most likely messed up and thought you had a 2 door with soft top. Those are delayed until mid May. I had reached out to them to see what they would say and I was told the same thing. They stated that 2 Doors... I said wait I have a 4 door and she corrected herself. Even though she had my VIN she gave me quote for 2 Door Soft Top time frame.
That's what I thought too, but I asked "for the 4 door, right?" She said, yes, the 4 door is delayed to mid-May due to the soft tops. Point is, Jimbox might want to check with a 2nd source just in case. Historically, when I check with 2 sources at Jeep, 95% of the time, I get two different answers. Then I check with a 3rd and go with the majority answer. lol Source A: Dealer Source B: Jeep 877 number Source C: Jeep Chat Source D: Call a different dealer Source E: Magic 8-ball

8ball.jpg

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Thanx for the suggestion, but I talked to the FCA PROGRAM MANAGER and he verified the "MID_MAY", but as usual, he said that could change !

I don't really care, because I'll be in Ca. most of May anyway and part of June-so I'll take it WHENEVER !

Whatever

JIMBO
Sponsored