JL seats

champ supernova

First Name
supernova
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Anyone able to test out the seats in a JL? Is it the same setup like the JK, will a 5'0 person be able to sit comfortably?
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Anyone able to test out the seats in a JL? Is it the same setup like the JK, will a 5'0 person be able to sit comfortably?
They look real similar to the seats in other Jeep vehicles. If they're anything like the GC, Cherokee, or Renegade, they're going to be incredibly comfortable. All three of those vehicles have excellent seats.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'm not a fan of the JL or JK seats. I wish FCA would make the angles of the head restraints somewhat adjustable. The JK seats are neck-breakers (to me). These seats were designed by lawyers, not by someone who cares about ergonomics.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan of the JL or JK seats. I wish FCA would make the angles of the head restraints somewhat adjustable. The JK seats are neck-breakers (to me). These seats were designed by lawyers, not by someone who cares about ergonomics.
You've sat in the JL seats?

I saw a good Youtube video posted in a thread on this forum where the reporter said the JL seats are a huge improvement over the JK.

Honestly, my 08 JK seats aren't the most comfortable to me, but they aren't bad. I've taken it on LONG trips and they didn't fatigue me as badly as some seats that I've found to be ok. Seats are one of those things that they just can't make right for everyone's body, no matter how hard they try. Bodies and preferences are just so diverse.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
You've sat in the JL seats?

I saw a good Youtube video posted in a thread on this forum where the reporter said the JL seats are a huge improvement over the JK.

Honestly, my 08 JK seats aren't the most comfortable to me, but they aren't bad. I've taken it on LONG trips and they didn't fatigue me as badly as some seats that I've found to be ok. Seats are one of those things that they just can't make right for everyone's body, no matter how hard they try. Bodies and preferences are just so diverse.
I don't own a JK but I've ridden in one many times...For both short and long distances. The JK head restraints are angled too far forward for me. The angle of the non-adjustable head restraints in the JL look the same (as the JK).

Agree that seat comfort is very unique to a person's size/shape and personal preference. That's why I was hoping that the head restraints would be somewhat adjustable. We are all different so having an adjustable option would be good, right? I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. The JK head restraint angle has been discussed/debated on other forums and on YouTube.

My commute to work is 2-hours round trip. The JL would be my DD. I was hoping for a seat that I can dial in to my personal comfort level and still protect me from whiplash. A compromise between ergonomics and legal exposure would have been nice.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored