JL rubicon engine swap

WarRabbit

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 2018 jl rubicon and getting read to install 6.2l hellcat engine. This project is going to take some time to complete. When it's done ,ill be posting some pictures.
Sponsored

tjw68

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 2018 jl rubicon and getting read to install 6.2l hellcat engine. This project is going to take some time to complete. When it's done ,ill be posting some pictures.
How much was the engine?
Do you have a manual or the automatic?
Will it bolt right up?

OP
OP
WarRabbit

WarRabbit

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much was the engine?
Do you have a manual or the automatic?
Will it bolt right up?
The engine will bolt up and definitely manual. The engine cost was expensive for my pocketbook. I was able to find a newer model that was totaled. The engine has 9000 miles on it. That's new in my book. I bought the entire car from the young man.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Are you swapping out the transmission, too? I don't know how well the Aisin unit will handle all that torque, but the Tremec sure will.

OP
OP
WarRabbit

WarRabbit

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you swapping out the transmission, too? I don't know how well the Aisin unit will handle all that torque, but the Tremec sure will.
Yes , definitely swapping out everything in the drive line. The jeep is great but when I'm done , it will be awesome. lol
My friend finished his and he put a Cummings diesel engine and used a recked dodge .
The biggest problem with the electronics. We found a pretty cool tuner that fixed our issues.
Sponsored