Sponsored

JL aux switch wiring

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
guys I have a 2020 rubicon with the 4 aux switches. I opened the hood today to see where they were run. I saw them wired together. I didn't take them apart yet. my question are grounds. do any of the 4 have grounds already grounded on the body or are the 4 wires just power and I make my own grounds say from the lights I'm installing.

I bought 2 pr of S2 sports on the dual mounts. 2 for each side. plan was 1 pair on one switch and other pair on other switch. so I'll be using aux 3 and 4 so I can control each pair on their own.

so do I take the ground from each pair and ground them myself on the body or like I said any of the grounds already grounded on the body and I'm just splicing back to the aux wires?

thanks,
jim
Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hi Jim,

There is four wires from the Jeep, all power leads. For any accessory, you'll be grounding them out on a common ground on the chassis or body. There is more information in your owner's manual on the color code of the leads.

Here's a picture of the harnesses that come with the pair of lights. One standalone harness and one splitter harness.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL aux switch wiring {filename}

Take the splitter (harness on right), and disregard the standalone harness (harness on left). Now you have the splitter harness.

Now take your upfitter harness #640093

And connect it to the splitter harness. It should look like this.

Now you can connect the lights with the two weather pack connectors from the splitter.

We should be left with two leads from the upfitter harness. The black is ground. Hook up that up to a common ground on the chassis or engine bay. The white wire has a splice connector. Tap this into your selected auxiliary switch power wire.

You will be doing this twice. One time for each pair of lights.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Perfect. I appreciate it a lot! Throw that on your website for guys like me who this is thier first adventure into these kinda things. I can wire a theatre or a whole house for audio and video but for the life of me couldn’t get this from explaination but as soon as I saw the pictures, crystal clear.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Perfect. I appreciate it a lot! Throw that on your website for guys like me who this is thier first adventure into these kinda things. I can wire a theatre or a whole house for audio and video but for the life of me couldn’t get this from explaination but as soon as I saw the pictures, crystal clear.
No worries, let us know if you need any more assistance. Thank you!

JFox97

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, 2020 2dr Rubicon
I am trying to install IPF 900 Series driving lights using the JL auxiliary switches from factory but not sure how to bypass the OEM switch as noted on the diagram

Sponsored

JFox97

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying to install IPF 900 Series driving lights using the JL auxiliary switches from factory but not sure how to bypass the OEM switch as noted on the diagram

Jeep Wrangler JL JL aux switch wiring EC4D9ED2-3190-4D7B-B3EF-B236FC9471BC
Assitance would be greatly appreciate, looked everywhere on the internet without succes, I would like to just use the auxiliary switch and not use the high beam option either. Thank you

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@JFox97 just looking at that wiring diagram, and you saying that you don't want it to be tied to the high beam, I would say that the Yellow wire, with the 2A fuse is not necessary.
This means that you should be able to wire into the harness where I put the pink arrow. The diagram looks like the switch harness is in two pieces, one that brings in the Yellowfins High Beam wire, and then a second piece after that to the supplied switch.

I think that if you do with out those, you should be left with a positive and a negative, that you can tie into the Aux switches.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL aux switch wiring EC4D9ED2-3190-4D7B-B3EF-B236FC9471BC

JFox97

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will,

thank you for the response and great input this makes sense on how to bypass the switch, after thinking about this using that though then do I still need to go through the OEM relay with the power coming from the Jeep auxiliary switch Since the relay is receiving power directly from the battery. I have tried to do some more research but for IBF lights there is not much information but understanding a light circuit should be the same regardless of the manufacture. since the auxiliary switches are fused and have a built in relay circuit should there be an aftermarket harness out there to take advantage of this scenario ?
thanks again and good day

SikkoBassta

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
If you want to use your auxiliary switches instead of the aftermarket light switch, find out which is the positive for the switch there should only be two options (black should be your ground) and two other guesses. TBH I had my Jeep running when I disconnected the two neutral (White wire for my PIAA) and connected the two blues...worked with my aux switch. Cleaned them up afterward (M/F connector and heat shrink on the whites) to be used.
Sponsored