JK Wheel Compatibility Question

rba89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLU
I really like the look of basic black steel wheels, but am having trouble finding some that fit the JL and are hub-centric. The winter steel wheels for the JK are great. However, they do not seem compatible with the JL, despite all of the specs (that I could find) matching. I'm clearly missing something.

There is a thread that mentions different lug nuts, which got me wondering if it's only a matter of buying a different type of lug nut.

Any help with JK wheel compatibility or suggestions for similar looking wheels will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I really like the look of basic black steel wheels, but am having trouble finding some that fit the JL and are hub-centric. The winter steel wheels for the JK are great. However, they do not seem compatible with the JL, despite all of the specs (that I could find) matching. I'm clearly missing something.

There is a thread that mentions different lug nuts, which got me wondering if it's only a matter of buying a different type of lug nut.

Any help with JK wheel compatibility or suggestions for similar looking wheels will be greatly appreciated.
Lugs/lugnuts are different on the JL, but your factory JL lug nuts should work w/ those wheels, the lug bores on the wheels may be just big enough for the smaller 1/2" JK studs so maybe, just maybe the 14mm lugs would be too large, but I doubt it.

Only other reason I could see that may cause a problem is it's possible the wheel barrel clearance is smaller which could cause some brake caliper clearance issues. But I think that would be a pretty unlikely scenario. Might contact Quadratec directly and ask them why they aren't showing as compatible.