Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
JK front bumper fits on the JL.
That opens up more options while waiting on a specific JL bumper to be built.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG
I prefer the simplicity of the JK bumper. I think the JL foglights are too far apart.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Beware fellas - not all JK front bumpers will fit on the JL. Most should - but the body lines are a bit different. I'll update the bumper list thread accordingly as these companies announce correct fitment.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Beware fellas - not all JK front bumpers will fit on the JL. Most should - but the body lines are a bit different. I'll update the bumper list thread accordingly as these companies announce correct fitment.
+1 I'm still waiting for someone to try on a full width that's flush with JK fenders to see how they compare on the JL's new fenders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jericbarg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Yes the fog lights are the same as a JK.

This is a damaged bumper I was using for mock up, it is a JK rock crawler ebay special.

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

CalicoJack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 Renegade, 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Paratrooper
I heard that the front would match up but hadn't heard about the rear bumpers lining up.

OP
OP
jericbarg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Rear JK bumper is a no go, frame is different.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
DV 8 off road told me on the phone that yes their bumpers would fit buy you had to make the hole on your jeep brackets a little bigger to make it fit. but they are still making the new ones a little different because the body is not the same up there around the frame and grille. So i think it will fit yes but not be a perfect look like it was made for the JL body or they would not be making new ones for the JL only

Sponsored

matto

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKR 2008, Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The grill def sticks out more had some issues fitting a winch with the EVO 1/4 pounder but got it. had to add some spacers and drill the frame mounts.
winch21.jpg
winchee.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I really like the JL rear bumper and haven't heard of anyone thats going to make one with the cut out for the plate. the companys i have talked to say they will come with a relocation spot for the plate. i dont want my plate to go back like a JK

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
woo hoo no need to buy a winch mounting plate from mopar then, just going to slide my XRC Gen2 bumper and winch right over from the JK...wifey can have the JL steel bumper for her 2015 lol
I Was wondering if you put the xrc on the jl?

JLRanger

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2007 JKU Rubicon
What the real difference between the JK and JL is not the bumper horns. It is the difference between the crash bar mounting that runs between the frame horns. The JL's is lower and it bolted on while the JKs is closer to the frame horns and welded in place. I was wanting to move my JK Rockhard stubby bumper to my JL but the length of the JLs frame stilts hit the lip of the bumper on the inside lower portion. Options are to notch out the bumper so the stilts can protrude or cut off the stilts.
Pic of JK and JLs side by side. You don't see the JLs front crash bar since I already unbolted it.
IMG_0938.jpg
Pic of the frame stilt that will affect some aftermarket bumpers like my Rock hard
IMG_0952.jpg

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Do you know if the smitty built xrc gen 1 is the same for jk and jl? I have mine on a hl and it looks the same
Sponsored