Sponsored

JK Bumper on JL

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
So from what I read somewhere (for some reason I can't locate the tread right now) you can install the JK bumper on the JL. I might have tracked down a killer deal on the JCR Dagger Bumper- https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JKF/JKFD.html

I was wanting to install it on the Jeep. A couple questions for anyone who has installed a JK bumper on the JL

#1- Is there any other mods I will need to make or will it be a direct bolt up?
#2 What about the additional skid plate- right now it is plastic, can any other metal front skid bolt up with this set up?
#3 I assume this is made to bolt in the old factory fog lights from the JK, so will the new JL fog lights bolt in as well?

Anything I am missing?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
The bumper will bolt but you may have to oval your mounting holes slightly due to the new bracket that’s on the backside of the mounts that wasn’t on the jk. I used a uni bit in a cordless drill on the front and back.

Yes the fog lights are set up for a jk, no yours won’t work without mods to the bumper.

Not sure on the skid plate etc.

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
The bumper will bolt but you may have to oval your mounting holes slightly due to the new bracket that’s on the backside of the mounts that wasn’t on the jk. I used a uni bit in a cordless drill on the front and back.

Yes the fog lights are set up for a jk, no yours won’t work without mods to the bumper.

Not sure on the skid plate etc.
I was afraid the fog lights would not fit. Great deal on the bumper but would be 3 hours of driving to get it and back home and I would have to buy new LED fog lights. Also with the unknown future of the skid plate it looks like I will have to pass on this one.

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
checking in on this too...if JK bumpers can bolt up to the JL I'll be ordering a new bumper as soon as someone confirms...not crazy about the rough country bumper that seems to be the only option right now...

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
checking in on this too...if JK bumpers can bolt up to the JL I'll be ordering a new bumper as soon as someone confirms...not crazy about the rough country bumper that seems to be the only option right now...
There is a threat here all about JL bumpers - quick search should pull it up. While there are many household names still working on releasing bumper, there are numerous options available now other than the RC bumper.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I put a LOD Destroyer on mine. I said would work on the JL and JK. Notice the JK arrangement of the Driving lights. Another notable thing I noticed was my Driving lights said they were made in 2016

20180602_203606.jpg

20180602_203606.jpg
Sponsored