Jack - the pumpkin king

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Well, i've had the truck for over a year now and never made a thread. So here it goes.

Screen name, Simann stuck with me, from my Honda Tech days circa 2001 when I had a Civic Si...add my last name and there you go. Too lazy to come up with something else.

Avatar? Yeah, thats Jack, the Pumpkin King. Fitting. :jk:

Purchased in May 2019, got a killer deal on it, for whatever reason the dealer couldn't sell it with the turbo 4cyl and One Touch Skytop. I was originally looking at a blue 6 cylinder Rubi hardtop, but the deal they threw at me for this one was unbelievable, so I traded out of my 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee (miss that 6.4, eagerly waiting to see if Jeep follows through with factory 6.4 JL!).
The 4cyl has amazed me both in fuel economy and torque. Its much more punchy than my 2015 JK ever was.

A month later, I threw on a tailgate reinforcement kit and drove it 30K miles last year, knock on wood the truck has been completely faultless, aside from three defective OE steering stabilizers.

Here's Jack the day I bought him LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king 57928261988__616419CD-E3AC-4D86-A26B-7D6E13668EA8.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king IMG_7806
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simann

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Fast forward last month, purchased the AEV dual sport RT lift and some 37" Patagonia's. Had them thrown on the stock Rubi wheels in front of some 1 3/4" Terraflex spacers (yes, I know....but I have baby mouths to feed, LOL).

I've got to say, its completely mellowed out the ride! And the 37"s look almost....normal?

Will need a better steering stabilizer, the factory one definitely is not up to the task with 37" tires.

Now just waiting on the ACE rock sliders, ARB stubby bumper and the winch to be delivered!

Currently looking into a rear bumper, the Rusty's Gen 2 full width bumper may fit the bill, I want to preserve the backup sensors just in case my wife needs to drive Jack. I have been patiently waiting for AEV to release their full width JL bumpers and tire carrier.....but we all know how thats going.

Really looking forward to hitting some trails this fall! I'm more of an "overlander" type of guy, never been into much rock crawling but I may give it a shot.
Overall, the basic requisites will be on in due time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king 61654630935__4B62AEC3-10DF-47EE-9C63-5BFD91134A44

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king 61654632190__55AF43BB-AE3A-4E40-A816-63298E43C790

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king IMG_2132

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king IMG_2134

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simann

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Got bored, threw on the Shine wheel blackout kit. The film is too flimsy and does not stick well to the factory clear coated wheels, so up close, it looks like garbage. But from a far, not so bad. Definitely will be ordering a set of black AEV wheels soon....stuck between the Pintlers and Savegre's.

I'm still astounded that 37"s look "normal" on this truck. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Jack - the pumpkin king IMG_2188

OP
OP
Simann

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Got the ARB bumper, LED 9" AUX lights and the winch mounted finally. Ran into a small issue with the AUX light mounting bracket interfering with the winch free spool lever. Will need to cut and bend the cross brace on the mounting bracket.

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg
Sponsored