First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Hello All! I'm going to wire up my LED lights tonight that are installed on top of my bumper. All I need to do is wire the positive wires to the AUX 3 wire and the ground wires to the battery. It's that simple, correct? I do not need to worry about a relay or an in-line fuse, correct? Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello All! I'm going to wire up my LED lights tonight that are installed on top of my bumper. All I need to do is wire the positive wires to the AUX 3 wire and the ground wires to the battery. It's that simple, correct? I do not need to worry about a relay or an in-line fuse, correct? Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
That should be correct. I would first make sure you disconnect both batteries before wiring into the AUX switches. Depending on the lights you are installing, I'd just check their rated amperage against what the AUX switches are rated and as long as the AUX switches can handle the amperage you are good to go

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
That should be correct. I would first make sure you disconnect both batteries before wiring into the AUX switches. Depending on the lights you are installing, I'd just check their rated amperage against what the AUX switches are rated and as long as the AUX switches can handle the amperage you are good to go
Thanks. Each light is 4.2 amps so I'm going to use AUX 3. Fingers crossed, haha.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jeepin_Donnie

Why are you going to ground to the battery? Just attach your black wire from the light to a grounding point. Leave the battery alone...

Here is a grounding point by your Aux wires:
See finger pointing to attachment point...
groundpoint by battery.jpg

@rizej

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
@Jeepin_Donnie

Why are you going to ground to the battery? Just attach your black wire from the light to a grounding point. Leave the battery alone...

Here is a grounding point by your Aux wires:
See finger pointing to attachment point...
groundpoint by battery.jpg

@rizej
I will do this. Thank you my friend! I didn't get to wire them up tonight but I will at some point this week. Thanks again!
Sponsored