• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas Insane Audio or Stinger

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Oh no, sorry. I have a Seicane 10" headunit with Android auto in my 2011 JK and that's whats happening. My new JL 392 XR is due in shortly and I'm changing out the head unit to the insane day one that I own it.
Sweet and congrats on the head and the 392. You have to be doing backflips waiting. Anything I can do to help you out just ask away. Doubt you'll have any issues after hearing what I needed to do. But you can always hit me up for advice if necessary.
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Sweet and congrats on the head and the 392. You have to be doing backflips waiting. Anything I can do to help you out just ask away. Doubt you'll have any issues after hearing what I needed to do. But you can always hit me up for advice if necessary.
Thanks Jim, yeah I'm at day 63 waiting on it to start being built. I can't wait, it will be really sweet I went overboard on ordering it as it will be my main rig for a very long time.

My mod list starts with the Insane head unit which I will order at any minute when the tell me its in the building stage. Then I already have two 10" Audison Underseat Subwoofers and two 500 Watt Audison amps coming out of the JK going into the 392 and I'll swap out the rest of the stock speakers at the same time.

I'm just sitting and tapping my foot waiting lol!

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Thanks Jim, yeah I'm at day 63 waiting on it to start being built. I can't wait, it will be really sweet I went overboard on ordering it as it will be my main rig for a very long time.

My mod list starts with the Insane head unit which I will order at any minute when the tell me its in the building stage. Then I already have two 10" Audison Underseat Subwoofers and two 500 Watt Audison amps coming out of the JK going into the 392 and I'll swap out the rest of the stock speakers at the same time.

I'm just sitting and tapping my foot waiting lol!
You have all that gear and you're swapping stock speakers? I really hope you had the badass system on your JK. when I did my swap on the JL we went with that MB Quart set up that was designed to be an OEM direct replacement(ish). So as I was swapping speakers none of the oem were really marked except for the dash tweeters and they were rated at 15 watts.
The MB Quart setup is all front 4 at 65 watts (tweeters and knee speakers) and the soundbar were rated at 130 watts. The front 4 speakers share a 200w amp and the rear 2 share a 200 Watt amp. Both are marine grade and get mounted under passenger seat. There's a pac amp preamp before the amps as well.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_049JSTG6A1/MB-Quart-MBQJ-STG6A-1.html
And finally got my sound to where it needs to be I can finally get some time this weekend to adjust to my liking.
I spoke to an engineer from Insane yesterday who called me after I had already made that canbus setting adjustment and he couldn't stop apologizing for the customer service not understanding my issue. He was super nice and professional and really seemed genuinely sorry for the time it took to figure out. He also said they may move that setting in their build so the car settings app rather than burying it in the canbus settings.
I told him I wasn't keen on going into the factory settings just on the off chance I screwed something up and he agreed it's a weird place to have that setting.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
You have all that gear and you're swapping stock speakers? I really hope you had the badass system on your JK. when I did my swap on the JL we went with that MB Quart set up that was designed to be an OEM direct replacement(ish). So as I was swapping speakers none of the oem were really marked except for the dash tweeters and they were rated at 15 watts.
The MB Quart setup is all front 4 at 65 watts (tweeters and knee speakers) and the soundbar were rated at 130 watts. The front 4 speakers share a 200w amp and the rear 2 share a 200 Watt amp. Both are marine grade and get mounted under passenger seat. There's a pac amp preamp before the amps as well.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_049JSTG6A1/MB-Quart-MBQJ-STG6A-1.html
And finally got my sound to where it needs to be I can finally get some time this weekend to adjust to my liking.
I spoke to an engineer from Insane yesterday who called me after I had already made that canbus setting adjustment and he couldn't stop apologizing for the customer service not understanding my issue. He was super nice and professional and really seemed genuinely sorry for the time it took to figure out. He also said they may move that setting in their build so the car settings app rather than burying it in the canbus settings.
I told him I wasn't keen on going into the factory settings just on the off chance I screwed something up and he agreed it's a weird place to have that setting.
Yes I'm selling the JK and have removed the 2 amps and the 2 - 10"subs so I can install them in the 392. It still sounds great but but without all the thump. It was a KILLER system everyone that ever heard it was amazed that it was SO loud and clear with all that thump.

WOW that kit is amazing! I almost wish I didn't have the components left over from the JK. Looks like I'll start looking at buying the speakers separate to install in the 392. I like how they come with the new enclosures for the front.

These amps aren't marine grade, I might have to rethink that aspect.

Jim fantastic write ups and posts I really appreciate it. I'll keep you in the loop as how things are progressing.

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Yes I'm selling the JK and have removed the 2 amps and the 2 - 10"subs so I can install them in the 392. It still sounds great but but without all the thump. It was a KILLER system everyone that ever heard it was amazed that it was SO loud and clear with all that thump.

WOW that kit is amazing! I almost wish I didn't have the components left over from the JK. Looks like I'll start looking at buying the speakers separate to install in the 392. I like how they come with the new enclosures for the front.

These amps aren't marine grade, I might have to rethink that aspect.

Jim fantastic write ups and posts I really appreciate it. I'll keep you in the loop as how things are progressing.
Sounds great. They do sell the speakers in different configurations. With amps, without amps and the like. And their instructions were phenomenal.

Sponsored

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm going with the Stinger Height 10 the customer support seems to be much better and the build seems better quality. And that insane logo is just a bit too much for my tastes.

The Stinger looks more refined when its installed.

slpresto99

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2021 Sport S Max Tow package
Hello everyone. Looking at the Insane audio over the Stinger for my JT, mainly due the fact apps you can add are not limited. Only question I have is the OEM head unit allows to toggle on/off DRL lights, insane audio says you can't on their unit. Not sure about the Stinger unit.

We go to the drive numerous times and i turn the DRLs off through the unit.

Anyone know of an alternate way to do this if the OEM unit is removed, or if there is any other loss of functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Hello everyone. Looking at the Insane audio over the Stinger for my JT, mainly due the fact apps you can add are not limited. Only question I have is the OEM head unit allows to toggle on/off DRL lights, insane audio says you can't on their unit. Not sure about the Stinger unit.

We go to the drive numerous times and i turn the DRLs off through the unit.

Anyone know of an alternate way to do this if the OEM unit is removed, or if there is any other loss of functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Possibly a Tazer?

I'm with ya Steven, I don't want limitations on the apps either. But look closely at the website and the support of them. I would hate to shell out $1000 and have issues with it. I'm going to call Stinger (as soon as my 392 comes in) and confirm the apps I want will work. Mainly some video apps and a file locker of sorts.

Waldog101

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara