Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
Any of you have experience with a rear facing infant car seat in the Jeep? Seems like the only comfortable position is in the middle so if I’m missing something let me know. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
I mounted mine on the passenger side and just kept the passenger seat slightly forward to accommodate it. Now that we're done with the infant seat I still have the rear-facing seat on that side and a forward-facing seat behind me for the older one. Easy Peasy.

OP
OP
weeitsmikelee

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted mine on the passenger side and just kept the passenger seat slightly forward to accommodate it. Now that we're done with the infant seat I still have the rear-facing seat on that side and a forward-facing seat behind me for the older one. Easy Peasy.
Thanks. Can I ask which seat you have? I’m not sure if the Diono is a bit taller than other brands :headbang:

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
We used the Chico Keyfit 30 as an infant seat.
We currently use the Britax Boulevard both for forward-facing and rear-facing for the two kids.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
What do you mean by "comfortable position"?

I had my baby seat on the passenger side and have my booster there as well. Rear facing seats are going to force you to have the froward seat pushed forward at least some. I've had seats in half a dozen cars and this is always the case.

I've tried using the middle a few times as well but it forces BOTH front seats to be pushed forward. Unless you have a really big vehicle this is just how it works, the seats have to go on the outside.

BTW, if you havent already you should grab one of these mirrors......
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPAFQ26/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
....worked great for me. Installed it once and it stayed put. Lt's you see your little monster while driving. Terrifying not to be able to IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
weeitsmikelee

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the mirror suggestion! Ordered!
Our seat seems a bit narrower but taller than others. I meant comfortable as in the angle of recline for the baby seat. If anything, I’ll push the passenger seat forward and put the wife in the back :like:

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I had a Britax one that fit okay. Now I have a graco 4 ever and it fits okay too. Both mounted on the passenger seat side. Just need to keep the passenger seat up a bit.

I also installed a mirror on the headrest so we could see each other when I'm driving. We have the Britax mirror and it works great.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I wouldnt worry about the incline, it should be fine. Jeep seat isnt at a crazy angle. One of my seats had a level built in and was adjustable, you sort of slide the seat back and forth on the curved base to make the head and feet go up or down opposite one another. Put it in my curent vehicle at the time and it was perfect. Your seat instructions should talk about the incline, see what they say.
Sponsored