Sponsored

Help needed - mopar lift kit installer / shop?

maxmarat17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
Hey guys!
Just wanted to see if some of you could help me and recommend either a good dealership or an aftermarket shop that would install a Mopar lift kit on my JLUR in California. I live in the Bay Area and after doing some research I am getting mixed messages. Some dealers I phoned in my area (SF East bay) told me this was a 7-8 hour job at their hourly labor rate which I thought was totally extortionate. Some people on forums talked about dealers charging them $500 for an install and an alignment which I am thinking is very reasonable. Anyway, i am not considering doing it myself due to lack of knowledge, space and tools although would love to learn. Let me know if some of you guys in CA have had success getting your Mopar kit installed at a reasonable price!
Sponsored

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys!
Just wanted to see if some of you could help me and recommend either a good dealership or an aftermarket shop that would install a Mopar lift kit on my JLUR in California. I live in the Bay Area and after doing some research I am getting mixed messages. Some dealers I phoned in my area (SF East bay) told me this was a 7-8 hour job at their hourly labor rate which I thought was totally extortionate. Some people on forums talked about dealers charging them $500 for an install and an alignment which I am thinking is very reasonable. Anyway, i am not considering doing it myself due to lack of knowledge, space and tools although would love to learn. Let me know if some of you guys in CA have had success getting your Mopar kit installed at a reasonable price!
Hands down, 4x4 shop in Livermore. Thank me later.
- Yusuf

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I did mine myself, I can confirm it took me exactly 7 hours. But i feel like if its a shop that does lift kit installs all the time, they should know how to knock it out in 3-4 hours.

OP
OP
maxmarat17

maxmarat17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
I did mine myself, I can confirm it took me exactly 7 hours. But i feel like if its a shop that does lift kit installs all the time, they should know how to knock it out in 3-4 hours.
Thanks a lot jonahgetz, it’s very helpful to know how much time it took you. I am sure there are a lot of things that the shops may do to ensure it’s properly installed and that would add extra time but I am having a hard time understanding how it could take 7-8hours. Did you install an adjustable track bar and relocation bracket in the back?

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Thanks a lot jonahgetz, it’s very helpful to know how much time it took you. I am sure there are a lot of things that the shops may do to ensure it’s properly installed and that would add extra time but I am having a hard time understanding how it could take 7-8hours. Did you install an adjustable track bar and relocation bracket in the back?
I essentially took the entire suspension system from a Rubicon Recon and put it on a Sport: lower control arm, coil spring, shock, brackets, track bar, steering stabilizer. The whole suspension system came out and the new went in its place. Its the same exact process as the 2” Mopar Lift, I actually followed the 2” Mopar lift install instructions because there technically isn’t official Rubicon and Sport suspension swap instructions.

I had access to a mechanic garage with a commercial 2 post vehicle lift and impact tools. I will say that it was still a pain in the ass and very time consuming even with professional equipment.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have my lift arriving soon. I wish I had access to a 2 post lift like that!!
Sponsored