Help me decide

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
I am torn between purchasing Quadratec stealth light bar or getting boom mat or hot head headliners for my 19 jlu sport. Opinions would be great. Thank you.
Sponsored

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have seen in a few places where people mentioned the stealth light reflected back into the cabin. I have no experience. What I do have experience with is the headliner. I don't like mine at all. I try not to do things twice, but I came across the linked below and think I'm going to go this route. I have some leftover Kilmat from my wife's STI I plan on using under it in places as well. Because there are so many convoluted areas in the hard top, I noticed little to no difference with the product you mentioned in both terms of temp or sound.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/coverking/topliner-hardtop-insulation-kit-wrangler-jl-unlimited

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I have seen in a few places where people mentioned the stealth light reflected back into the cabin.
^ This. Especially at night. Really need a perfect install not to get any glare/bounce-back light. Also makes the windshield total field of view smaller, which on a Jeep... well... Yeah. Stick with exterior lights if you can.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing that you are in Kansas City, I’d get the headliners for the winter.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen in a few places where people mentioned the stealth light reflected back into the cabin. I have no experience. What I do have experience with is the headliner. I don't like mine at all. I try not to do things twice, but I came across the linked below and think I'm going to go this route. I have some leftover Kilmat from my wife's STI I plan on using under it in places as well. Because there are so many convoluted areas in the hard top, I noticed little to no difference with the product you mentioned in both terms of temp or sound.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/coverking/topliner-hardtop-insulation-kit-wrangler-jl-unlimited
Wow! That headliner looks really cool!

Sponsored

OP
OP

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have looked at covering also. It is cheaper. I like the idea. I wonder how much space is underneath to be able to use sound deadening with it?

OP
OP

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing that you are in Kansas City, I’d get the headliners for the winter.
Yeah. Headliners is what I had my eyes on the whole time. Then. Ya know. You see something else and your mind starts wondering. 😂
Sponsored