SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded from a 7" to 8.4" Uconnect (factory new radio which came with software version 21.10 installed) on my '18 Sport S.

This week I installed a Tazer mini W/ the Beta update 11.2.1 to get ORP.

ORP works with the exception that it doesn’t show the altitude, longitude or latitude settings. It shows - - in those fields. When I access nav/maps and select current location>views GPS it shows the altitude, longitude and latitude.

I did pull fuse 97. After starting the vehicle and accessing ORP it showed the altitude, longitude and latitude settings. I thought it was fixed but when I started the Jeep 10 minutes later those settings only show - - again.

I tried disabling ORP, full Tazer reboot, Reenabled ORP, full Tazer reboot but no luck.

Pulled fuse 97 a couple different times thereafter and still shows - - in those fields.

Any ideas to what may solve this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4 screen stock and once in a while they disappear from my ORP and then when they decide to they come back.

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4 screen stock and once in a while they disappear from my ORP and then when they decide to they come back.

Yesterday I was playing with the nav gps coordinates settings - then switching from nav to ORP. I'm not certain how it happened but once it showed the GPS coordinates on the ORP! I though hmmm maybe it's fixed. Shut Jeep off came back 5 minutes later and they disappeared again. :(

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've recently discovered, thanks to @DWheelerR that if the altitude is above 90' the GPS coordinates will display. Go below 90' and they disappear! @Sierra Nevada reported that the firmware upgrade to 28.3 did not fix the ORP GPS problem
Sponsored