Got my VON and VIN!

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Super excited! I mailed a check from Arizona to Gupton in TN on Monday of last week. They received it and entered my order on the 24th. Merry Christmas to me!
Gupton was great to work with. I emailed Daniel but he was off and forwarded my email to Walter. He sent me an email with the rules of the game and how they worked. I sent my build and he sent me a quote. I had used 4% under but he came back and said that the internet pricing was 5% and another 1% if you financed.
The only thing not available were the rock rails. No worries order away!
It would have been cool to get an email with my VON and then another afew days later with my VIN

The build: '' JLUR, 2.0T Automatic, Hydro Blue, Color matched hardtop, Color matched fenders. insulation for the hardtop. Tow package, remote start, beefy hinge, and a slew of smaller stuff like grab handles.

Took a while to decide on everything and thanks to all of you that respond to a million posts. You can buy a base JLU for $33k and sometimes it's hard to justify ending up at $56k before discounts.

Here were my big items and and how I justified:
Rubicon: You really get a lot of "stuff" for the extra money. I don't really need a fancy radio but I'll end up in Moab and other places so the better off-road capability was worth it. This likely will be my last new vehicle.
Auto trans: Just a personal choice and the 2.0L overall has great reviews.
Hardtop: It's Arizona. Blazing sun and a few people told me to definitely get a hardtop and a couple other here that wish they had. And I was told to get the insulation. :)
Color matched top and fenders: For all the jeeps and vehicles in general that I see here that are five years old nothing stand out more than black plastic turned grey.
Tow Group: Not worth it for me to DIY.

That's all, now the wait begins. I'm in D status"Firm Schedule"
Sponsored

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
I used to own a JKUR with a premium soft top and live in the Phoenix area. The heat never really bothered me since the AC worked well. When I order a 2022 in a couple months, I do plan on getting a hard top. Mostly because of the plastic windows were hard to maintain with the dust and desert pin striping I got on our local trails.

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
At what status do you know you are 30 or 60 days out? Need to buy a plane ticket at some point.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
At what status do you know you are 30 or 60 days out? Need to buy a plane ticket at some point.
Jeeps delivered to Gupton are trucked directly. This cuts down on the shipping time significantly. If I were you, I wouldn’t buy a plane ticket until you get confirmation that the Jeep has left the factory.

I live in Peoria AZ and just ordered a Rubicon 4xe from Gupton. I have a Sahara 4xe that I ordered last year that I’m going to sell when the new Rubi shows up. I am going to have this one shipped to me instead of flying out and driving back. I did that in June with the Sahara and while it was a fun experience, I dont think it saved me much money when you factor in gas and hotel rooms.

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
@amprice Thanks for posting. I'm sure it will be a few hundred for gas but it will be fun to pick it up and drive it home. We'll see what happens.

Sponsored

Bob_N_AZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Ford Excape Hybrid
I'd wait till it gets there since the delivery times can vary greatly. I ordered my jeep from Gupton too on 10-28 still in D status. I'll make my flight arrangement once I know it's there. While I am at it does anyone know the best way to get to Gupton's from the Nashville airport?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Jeeps delivered to Gupton are trucked directly. This cuts down on the shipping time significantly. If I were you, I wouldn’t buy a plane ticket until you get confirmation that the Jeep has left the factory.

I live in Peoria AZ and just ordered a Rubicon 4xe from Gupton. I have a Sahara 4xe that I ordered last year that I’m going to sell when the new Rubi shows up. I am going to have this one shipped to me instead of flying out and driving back. I did that in June with the Sahara and while it was a fun experience, I dont think it saved me much money when you factor in gas and hotel rooms.

I'm getting mine from Granger in IA and was going to drive back but after factoring in the airfare one way, gas and hotels it'll be about the same to have it shipped. Plus it's coming in earlier than I expected and I don't want to deal with bad weather now. I thought about going to Gupton but it wasn't worth the extra distance from Granger just to save 1% more, I get a better rate at my credit union. Plus Gupton's fees are more which cut into any savings.

Do you have a transporter lined up yet? I have a couple in mind but was looking for other suggestions.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to own a JKUR with a premium soft top and live in the Phoenix area. The heat never really bothered me since the AC worked well. When I order a 2022 in a couple months, I do plan on getting a hard top. Mostly because of the plastic windows were hard to maintain with the dust and desert pin striping I got on our local trails.
I got the hard top too. If you use something like 303 Aerospace Protectant on it it won't fade and turn gray. I've been using this stuff for years on all my exterior plastic and interior dash, seats and door trim and it all still looks like brand new. Best stuff out there for UV protection especially with our heat here.

https://www.amazon.com/303-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass-Leather/dp/B00JG3OIFU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2L4VAQYQKYECL&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant&qid=1640962471&sprefix=303%20aerospace%20protectant,aps,110&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMjRSSEtXUlJJU1haJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDA4ODgxM0c0R00xTUs2NUwzTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjMwMTkyMzNIQlM1QVVDNzk1WSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

jblackst

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU; '22 JL (well, it's the wife's)
I'd wait till it gets there since the delivery times can vary greatly. I ordered my jeep from Gupton too on 10-28 still in D status. I'll make my flight arrangement once I know it's there. While I am at it does anyone know the best way to get to Gupton's from the Nashville airport?
I've read a couple of people on the forum here called Gupton and asked for a 'pickup' at BNA. Not sure if this is a standard practice of theirs or not. It's about 35 mile each way from their dealer to the airport.

I would check with members here when you get a delivery date, there's always a chance that another member en route for a pickup might be able to stop off and give you a lift. ;-)

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I'm getting mine from Granger in IA and was going to drive back but after factoring in the airfare one way, gas and hotels it'll be about the same to have it shipped. Plus it's coming in earlier than I expected and I don't want to deal with bad weather now. I thought about going to Gupton but it wasn't worth the extra distance from Granger just to save 1% more, I get a better rate at my credit union. Plus Gupton's fees are more which cut into any savings.

Do you have a transporter lined up yet? I have a couple in mind but was looking for other suggestions.
The travel expense I'm accounting for as a trip. I might tight on time an will end up just doing the drive in two days.
I saw you order dates, have you received a delivery date? Trying to guesstimate order time to ship time. For you it would be 12/6 as that is when production started.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I've read a couple of people on the forum here called Gupton and asked for a 'pickup' at BNA. Not sure if this is a standard practice of theirs or not. It's about 35 mile each way from their dealer to the airport.

I would check with members here when you get a delivery date, there's always a chance that another member en route for a pickup might be able to stop off and give you a lift. ;-)
Thanks! I'll ask. If not I will Uber or something.

randyone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Saharah
When you make arrangements with Gupton on the pick up date and time they will send someone to the airport to pick you up.
QUOTE="ArizonaJeepGuy, post: 1776400, member: 71337"]
Thanks! I'll ask. If not I will Uber or something.
[/QUOTE]

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The travel expense I'm accounting for as a trip. I might tight on time an will end up just doing the drive in two days.
I saw you order dates, have you received a delivery date? Trying to guesstimate order time to ship time. For you it would be 12/6 as that is when production started.
I was going to do the same and make a trip out of it but mine was just built on the 23rd so we're going to take a trip with it later this spring. We'd just be rushing there and back now so I'm just going to have it shipped here.

No delivery date yet. The other day Jeep Chat said it was shipped but now they said it's approved for shipping and my dealer confirmed this yesterday. I'm hoping they receive it in the next couple weeks.🤞

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE

I got my 21 Sahara from a dealer near Seattle and made that drive home in June. The sales manager that made the deal at that dealer no longer works there and they aren’t doing deals like they were in the past. I never got a quote from Granger but I got one from Peterson and his price was good if I were to finance it but I am leasing so it just worked out better to go with Gupton.

I haven’t looked into transporters yet, I’ll do that more once I have a better idea as to when the Jeep will be built. From what I understand, any shipping company you go with is really just a broker that puts the job out to bid unless you use one of the very large shipping companies.

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
@AzScorpion - Wow nice it's built! That seems pretty fast. I think you'll have it in a couple weeks.
@amprice4 - FWIW I shipped a car from Florida once and used Fedex. Pretty smooth transaction.
Sponsored